xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Error 13  (Read 75 times)

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 04:51:00 PM »

You're gonna be hard pressed to find the original xbox dash, you certainly won't find it anywhere around here or at the "usual places."  

You don't need a dvd burner to make a boot disc, you can burn it onto cd-rw with a cd burner.

I'm a little confused, are you able to boot up to Evolution X, or are you still getting error 13?

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

evox files on the c: drive are:

evoxdash.xbe
evox.ini
Skin (folder)
Bios (folder)

The bad news is you won't be able to ftp into your xbox unless you can get your evox boot disc to work.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2003, 04:22:00 AM »

sad.gif nad gotta think positive gotta be a way what about linking the hd direct to me pc and then changing the files best i can come up with

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

That may be an idea. Unfortunately this thread has gone way outside of my league so I don't know if you can do that or not.

Or what about upgrading the HDD? Anyone know if that would work?

muggs

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

I just re-read all the posts from the beginning and I think I understand a little bit better now.

A couple things, no, you won't be able to take your xbox hdd and hook it up to your pc.  It has been formatted in an xbox specific manner (FATx or something like that), you're pc won't be able to read it.

However, it sounds like when you turn on your xbox it goes straight to the error screen. No flubber animation, no XBOX logo, no nothing.  If that is the case then the problem isn't with your hdd, because the BIOS isn't even getting booted yet.  The problem is with your BIOS.  Given the alternative, that the problem is with your hdd and you don't have a backup of your c: partition, it is a much better scenario to have a faulty BIOS on your mod chip.  

So here is my suggestion (please don't hold me accountable, it's only my suggestion):

First off, I'm not familiar with the cheap mod, is there some sort of disable switch on the chip itself, or someway to turn it off without taking it out?  If so, turn it off, boot up the xbox see what happens and report your findings.

If not, then I would suggest taking the chip completely out, chances are, if it isn't mis-aligned and/or all the solder points look good and are accurate, then there is something wrong with the chip. (perhaps they don't call it a cheap mod for nuthin')  After removing chip, boot up xbox, see what happens and report your findings.

If that doesn't work, then somehow your boot sequence on your southbridge chip got overwritten (not sure if that is possible without knowing what you are doing, as M$ disables the write feature so that can't happen).

My guess, however, is that once you take the chip out (or turn it off) it will boot up to your m$ dash.  If that is the case you have two options: leave it alone, or buy a new mod chip like the xecuter 2.3 lite.

If after removing the chip (or turning it off) it doesn't boot up to the m$ dash, then, again, you have two options: sell the xbox for parts, buy a new mod chip like the xecuter 2.3 lite.  If you choose the latter you won't be able to ever connect to xbox live, as you won't be able to boot the system with the chip off. But that should be the only real downfall.

Anyway, good luck, I hope this helps.

hal.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

blink.gif

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

right just found out i can use me pc hd but cant put me xbox one in me pc as i will need the hd unlock key but ive got a m8s pc here so ill borrow the hd out of that and put it in me xbox for a bit till i get sorted so has any1 got any guides how to do it or any advice as i dont want break me xbox any more

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

try this, with your original xbox harddrive in your xbox:
1. power up xbox by pressing the eject button
2. place an original game in the dvd drive
3 power down the xbox with the game still in the drive
4. power up the xbox by pressing the power button

What happens? Is your xbox able to load the game?  If so then you may be able to boot it up with an EvoX boot disc and ftp into it.  If not, then I'm pretty sure your chip is gone.

You will not be able to take your original xbox hdd and put it into a pc and do anything with it without reformatting it.  Since you do not have a backup of your c: partition I would strongly urge you not to do that.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

one more thing because i dint backup me c drive does it make a difference to me having a new hd will i lose any files or anything to stop it working

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

If you can get evox to boot up that is good!  Technically you don't need a backup of your c: drive, I guess, as long as you have some dashboard to boot up.  I guess the only problem would be that you wouldn't be able to go onto xbox live but since you can't turn your chip off that really isn't an option anyway.

It looks like you are using some sort of autoinstall disc (slayers?) which I know nothing about.  But it looks like if you upgrade your hdd and choose the "rebuild upgrade hdd" option that should work.   If it is a slayers disc you have, I think it may have the original ms dashboard on there as well, but again, I'm not sure 'cause I've never used it.

good luck.

hal.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

soz me again will i have to lock me hd or just leave it

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

You will want to do rebuild upgrade harddrive. You will be able to fgo on Live since it does have the MS dash on it. To go on live you will have to lock it.

muggs

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2003, 05:08:00 PM »

sad.gif  You don't have to lock the other HDD until you want to play live.

muggs
Pages: 1 [2]