xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Very Strange Tcp/ip Problem..  (Read 66 times)

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
Very Strange Tcp/ip Problem..
« on: November 26, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

hey all, i got 2 network cards and running windows 98se in my pc since my router went bye bye.  hey i thought to myself, a cheap solution... all i gotta do is configure a couple of settings and everything should be as before... man was i wrong.  anyways, what i got is the following:  a network card with a static ip, gateway, and subnet mask which connects the pc to the xbox.  and then, i got another card connecting the computer to my cable modem.... no static ip--or anything for that matter--here.  both connections run well.  the problem im getting is that when both are enabled under device manager, they don't work!  so basically i have to disable one so that the other will connect to the xbox or internet..... what's goin on?  i've run out of ideas.  and advil don't work for the headaches no more either.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »

The problem is a routing issue.  My tutorial has more details.  if you remove the gateway you have on the nic going to the xbox, so its just blank, does it work then?  if not post an ipconfig /all from your computer and the network section from your evox.ini and i can tell you what to change.  or just read the tut and figure it out.

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

lol that was easy... i feel so stupid... anyways, thanks bro.