xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backing Up Game To Pc-hd > Xbox Hd > Running It  (Read 51 times)

chefelf

• Archived User
Backing Up Game To Pc-hd > Xbox Hd > Running It
« on: November 06, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

You can transfer the files (all the files from the original DVD used to make the ISO) over to the Xbox.  If all the files are in their own directory it will play off of your hard drive.

Big Yellow Monkey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

Any known way to run games without extracting the ISO's?  I mean, can EvoX somehow read directly from the .iso?

-Biggie!

aznLRG28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

since you have evo already

you should have the option to backup games from the xbox and run games from hdd.

you have slayers evox?

KANE79

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

If you want to copy the game and run it from your XBOX hard drive, get DVD2XBOX.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (aznLRG28 @ Nov 6 2003, 05:56 PM)
since you have evo already

you should have the option to backup games from the xbox and run games from hdd.

you have slayers evox?

Right, he has evox installed already, so on earth would he need to use an installer?  "Slayers Evox" is an installer.  It installs evox and dvd2xbox and everything else that you can install on your own, and learn a lot more in the process.  Just b/c he has evox installed, does not mean that he "has the option to backup games from the xbox";  That is not a feature of evox, that is a seperate program.

GLaCiERDC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (|slobax| @ Nov 6 2003, 04:39 PM)
Say i backed up a xbox game i have, onto my pc in .iso format. Is there any way i could connect to my xbox via FlashFXP and send them over into the "ripped" games folder on my xbox, in the Evox dash.

how does that make sense? doesnt sound like you backed up anything cuz when you back it up, it doesnt back *itself* as a .iso , sounds to me like you downloaded a game and you dont know where to go from there....but i'll play along anyway, since it doesnt .iso itself magically, use the xiso app you used to make it an .iso and extract its contents so its not an iso anymore. if you made it an .iso you should know how to undo that.

GLaCiERDC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

there is not "lets just say" when you "rip" or "backup" the game it doesnt back itself up to .iso, you either do it yourself with a xiso program or you downloaded a game from the internet that is already .iso, quit fooling yourself and trying to fool us to help you with your pirated game. play around with it have fun figuring it out.

and no the xbox cannot read .iso files that is the extension you use to burn it onto a disc not to be read off a harddrive, there is no daemon tools for xbox to mount images

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

laugh.gif
did u make it into a iso?

Codename54

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

wink.gif

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »

ok |slobax|, your question has been answered, now go about your day, and dont post here anymore about your downloaded games.