xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: How To Write A Newbie Post  (Read 874 times)

Arius

• Archived User
How To Write A Newbie Post
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2003, 01:34:00 PM »

!3 )

Topic :-   "I ned help"
Sub   :-   "I have searched everywhere"

Question :-  

"How to change the name in default.xbe"
"what is error 7"
"can I unlock a HDD without the mobo and key"
"whats a clock loop"

14)

Topic :-  1 am 1337
sup   :-   1 s0lv3d teh c l0ck l00p!!!!!!oneoneone

post :-  PRESS AND HOLD ALL THE BUTTONS ON YOUR CONTROLLER WHILE BOOTING, WHILE PLAYING WITH YOURSELF AND PICKING YOUR NOSE. THEN AFTER 165 RESET STICK YOUR DVD DONGLE UP YOUR ANUS AND SMILE WHILE EATING A CDR SPINDLE WITH SOME RATS POISON!!!!!!!!!

1 am s0 1337 1 s0lv3d 1t!!!!!!oneone

I HAVE DONT THIS ON 12748934683746837 XBOX'S AND THEY ALL COME OUT!!!!!

These are 2 of my main annoyances with some of the "newbie" posts on here (and can pretty much be translated to any forum)

SYNTAX;ERROR

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »

SO WHATS  A MODCHIP

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

this should be mandatory reading to sign up, and just to make sure they actually read it, give a quiz on it, lol

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

Thank a lot, heinrich!  I thought this one was gone forever!  Hopefully my smarmy tone will not turn too many people off and something may be learned from this! wink.gif

Guyver-X

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »

Lol v.cool tut.

impokinya

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

thought this post oughta be moved back up front.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

uh....
the guy that started this thread does help people a lot (notice his almost 2000 posts in less than 6 months), he doesnt 'bash them', and like he said, it was supposed to be funny....
You are getting pretty worked up over nothing man, grab a beer and calm the hell down

btw, how exactly is this thread homosexual in nature, and what exactly do you have homosexuals to use the word 'gay' as a derogatory statement.  Or perhaps you mean the 'gay' as in the adjective that those in junior high use to describe the 2.4 million things in this world that they don't like.

seedybrick

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

wink.gif

however i think i still have a valid point

this dude helps so many people - but only if the questions are posed the way HE wants them to be.

you need to see that post with newbie eyes which sadly you never will be able to

from my perspective - this is someone that is trying to control me

it's not enough to simply ask what is on your mind - basically it seems there are too many criteria before i can do this.  a noob knows nothing.  what IF someone wants a quick fix so that they can play soul caliber??  i guess this isn't the place to look?  what IF they ask a question that has already been asked??  we should joke about their newbie stupidity??

i bumped my threads today - because i would like an answer - i surely am not demanding an answer - i did plenty of searches and reading here before i made my first post - whether you choose to help or not is all you - but i shouldn't have to feel i'm doing wrong by bumping my thread.  is there no a chance that someone that can help has logged on since my thread fell to the next page??

again - i'm sorry for yellin - it just struck me in a bad way being a newb myself
so all i ask is for you to accept my apology but also TRY to see where i'm coming from as a newb.

"Or perhaps you mean the 'gay' as in the adjective that those in junior high use to describe the 2.4 million things in this world that they don't like. "

YES - that's exactly how i used it.  i'm sorry if you are homosexual and took offense to that as i don't mean it in that way at all.  this is the nature of slang though - whether it's pc or not, a million people understand what i was saying and accept it.  if it seems that everyone here is supra-pc then i can follow suit no problem.

Software2

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

jester.gif

This is a great list of things. Please! For the sake of all the baby seals! Force people to read this when they sign up!  smile.gif

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

smile.gif

P.S.  Just for the record, heinrich, this thread is actually gay.  I saw it at the club and it was dancing with a thread of the same sex.  Later I saw them kissing.  I'm cool with it though.  Just so long as they're happy.  That's what really matters.

powerball

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »

I'm also new to xobox modding, but I understand the pain of the "seniors."  How can time be spent on real questions (Those that haven't been clearly answered) and to help people who have first tried to help themselves.  It's that damn ADD!  Answers now, we don't need no stinkin' search button, or tutorials.  Very funny post.  This is a good example too ?

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

however i think i still have a valid point

/me sits down
this dude helps so many people - but only if the questions are posed the way HE wants them to be.

Is that a fact?  That would be hard to prove by looking at his post history.  And who cares if someone only answers questions that meet a certain standard.  I didn't realize that anyone here was being paid to answered questions.
you need to see that post with newbie eyes which sadly you never will be able to

Nah, its not about being a 'newbie', its about being able to form a question is plain english AFTER searching for your answer.

That would make sense if he was a forum moderator, but alas, he is not.  I do however have rules pinned at the top of this forum.  Rules that are enforced no matter how 'gay' you find them to be.
it's not enough to simply ask what is on your mind - basically it seems there are too many criteria before i can do this. a noob knows nothing. what IF someone wants a quick fix so that they can play soul caliber?? i guess this isn't the place to look? what IF they ask a question that has already been asked?? we should joke about their newbie stupidity??

Does it say not to ask for help?  Its simple: provide as much information in your post as you can, AFTER you search, TRY to use correct english, and give your topic a good title, is that so much to ask?
Perhaps you should take a look at the nearly 40 page thread of people asking over and over and over if there is a defag app for the xbox.  The answer hasnt changed in 18 months, yet people keep asking.  Everytime someone asks, someone answers.
People (like YOU) post every single day asking what chip/bios/app they should use, without searching or looking up anything on their own.  If you read the pinned topics you would see that they say NOT to ask that very question, yet you did today.  Who bashed your thread, or made fun of you, or called you a 'newbie' or did anything but help you?  chefelf and others answers those questions day after day.  No one is saying that someone should know everything and not ask any questions, just do yourself and others on the forum a favor and do a LITTLE work first.
And yes, we should joke at stupidity, Prime example
i bumped my threads today - because i would like an answer - i surely am not demanding an answer - i did plenty of searches and reading here before i made my first post - whether you choose to help or not is all you - but i shouldn't have to feel i'm doing wrong by bumping my thread. is there no a chance that someone that can help has logged on since my thread fell to the next page??

He didnt say you shouldnt bump your thread, I believe it says not to do it every 10 minutes.  Did you do that?  Then why are you getting all defensive?
YES - that's exactly how i used it. i'm sorry if you are homosexual and took offense to that as i don't mean it in that way at all. this is the nature of slang though - whether it's pc or not, a million people understand what i was saying and accept it. if it seems that everyone here is supra-pc then i can follow suit no problem.

No, I'm not, I was simply pointing out your childish insults.

BTW, if you don't like pointless posts, dont go near general chat.  And if you think this post was 'pointless', you may not want to stick around much, cause there are a shitload of pointless threads every single day.

EDIT: Last but not least, some people are assholes.  They are everywhere, they even post on this forum.  If you post what they think is a stupid question, they will make fun of you.  Learn not to take everything so personal and get over it.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »

I am not trying to list some criteria for a way a post MUST be.  I simply want to help people to write better posts.  So many posts are just written in an undescriptive manner as to be unintelligible.  Mos posts could be answered with simple searching.  The posts that can't can be worded in such a way that it will be easier for the person to get help.

I think I can see it clearly from a Newbie's eyes.  After all, I was a "newbie" in July. wink.gif  I remember it quite well.  It is frustrating and overwhelming.  However, only through reading do you learn and progress.

laugh.gif  I have no authority to control you on this forum.  I'm a poster just like you.  Nothing more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]