xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Ftp Problem  (Read 56 times)

GLaCiERDC

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« on: September 17, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

I myself was watching what you were doing spanky. you were constantly changing your nick over and over and over
(spanky___) is now known as (wtfisircf)
(wtfisircf) is now known as (imtalking)
(imtalking) is now known as (withmynic)
(withmynic) is now known as (nottrying)
(nottrying) is now known as (tobypass)
(tobypass) is now known as (theignore)

remember that? you nick change flooded anyway, the bots would have banned you too. So do not start pointing fingers at anybody but yourself, idiots and people who cannot conduct themselves in a mature educated manner get banned, exactly what happened with you. As for any help regarding your question, forget it! I dont help children.

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (_Spanky_ @ Sep 17 2003, 03:38 AM)
PS: H3inrich, thanks for banning me after not even trying to answer my question.. why is there even a xbins-help channel?  Just so you can flex your op muscles?  Sure, you'll probably edit or delete my post too..

First off, this is xbox-scene.com, your problems on IRC do not belong here.

Second, if you understood the structure of the channel, and paid attention to what was going on, you would not even be bitching about this.  For 1, I put your host on ignore shortly after you joined the channel.  There are several people in the channel, who are not ops, that can kick/ban users from the channel.  They do this via a script I have for mirc, in combination with a user list.

Third, yes, as it is named, it is a help channel, however you should not EXPECT to be helped.  People are not paid to help, and have no obligation to do so.  You were kick/banned after you changed your nick 6 times within a 10 second time period.  Little do you know im sure that the bots in the channel would have placed a much more permanent ban on your host had you changed your nick 1 more time.

And my god, you were banned from an IRC channel, get over it.  The bots lift the ban in 2 hours automatically.  So play on your xbox for 2 hours, and come back.  If you have a personal problem with myself, do not bring it on the boards.  Either msg me on IRC, or PM me here.

swolsten

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

PS: H3inrich, thanks for banning me after not even trying to answer my question.. why is there even a xbins-help channel? Just so you can flex your op muscles? Sure, you'll probably edit or delete my post too..

There is a xbins-help channel to help people that want to be helped.  We are not there to walk you through everything.  We are there to help you understand the information that is available at numerous locations.

If you are not happy with #xbins-help then dont go there again.

Third, yes, as it is named, it is a help channel, however you should not EXPECT to be helped. People are not paid to help, and have no obligation to do so.

Well said. infact we end up paying for the privilage of helping people.  I banned someone for breaking the rules the other day and I ended up getting a DDoS attack, thus loosing my shell account (not going to name and shame but im sure the script kiddie knows how he is).  Why do we need to put up with this, if we started a paypal account and got paid for everyone we helped we would be loaded but we havent, we do it to help people and this is the thanks we get.

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »

When entering Xbins, you are their guests, and you entered of your own accord. You have no unalienable rights and they have the right to kick you/ban you/whatever.
Allow me to make a suggestion: learn a bit of humility when you're on IRC.

theultimatechuff

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 02:27:00 AM »

Have you searched for an answer to your problem at all? If not check the button at the top of this page. You may also like to check the Evox homepage as they have forums there too.

The xbins-help problems are irrelevant as this is xbox-scene although I do want to reiterate what has been said, if you would like to pay for help and match what people are being paid when they aren't in the channel helping I am sure you would receive a flawless level of help. Nobody owes you anything. There are rules and guidelines everywhere - for example xbins channels reserve the right to kick/ban if you are 'excessively lame' changing your nick like that would put you in that category in my book at least, xbox-scene recommends you search for answers before posting.

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox Ftp Problem
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (_Spanky_ @ Sep 17 2003, 09:44 AM)
Thanks for that load of crap guys...

No problem, and thanks for bringing you personal problems with someone to the forums.  Feel free to start a new thread about your problem w/ evox WITHOUT your personal issues, cause this one is closed.