xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: D0 Point Hell!  (Read 375 times)

jman33

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

how much abuse can the d0 point actualy take?  how do you know if for sure you have burnt or trashed the mobo.  i have been doing installs for a while now with success but i am kinda worried about this latest install.

jman33

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

how much abuse can the d0 point actually take? how do you know if for sure you have burnt or trashed the mobo. i have been doing installs for a while now with success but i am kinda worried about this latest install.

jaysoccer7c

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

i think im gonna write a tut for d0 b/c it is very easy my way...if you want me to give it to ya b4 i write the tut...email me [email protected] if you want me to install check out my sig...i will make a tut on the next xbox i mod so i can take pics.

airy

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

I get fragging red/green w/ no chip installed.... heres closeup of my d0 point now...

did I break it?
How can I fix it?
Thanks!

user posted image

jaysoccer7c

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

is that small drips of solder on the tsop?
edit: or hairs?

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

The key to successfully soldering the d0 is prepping it! the d0 has a coating on it and therefore the coating has to be scraped off. I would suggest using the tip of a razor blade or a small flatheaded screw driver(the kind used for eye glasses). Once the d0 is scraped you should have no prob getting a good connection...

PM5K

• Archived User
D0 Point Hell!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »

Here is how I do it, and it doesn't require you to do some of the stupid thing people do.

Get some desolder braid and put it over the D0, then put your soldering iron over it and move it back and forth a few times, you'll be able to see the coating is removed. After that get your solder and fill the D0 hole with solder. Then just put the wire flat on the board (I don't actually put it flat I put it at an angle but when I first started I did it flat and it works fine) with the tip over the D0 and touch it with your iron. If you are a super noob or have some shacking from too much caffeine or something then tape the wire down flat on the board with the points lined up, this way the wire stays in place and all you have to do is touch it.

I've done this God knows how many times and it works every time, the D0 really isn't hard at all and it's much more work to do the alt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]