xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bottom D0, How Do I Make An Extension?  (Read 265 times)

Vegetable Fried Rice

• Archived User
Bottom D0, How Do I Make An Extension?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbiker321 @ Sep 14 2003, 05:43 AM)

The reason there is a newbie section is so newbies can ask basic questions, even ones that are common knowledge. They ask the question because they might want a second opinion or to reassure themselves that they won’t mess up their $180 Xbox system.

exactly!! wub.gif

Intelligoth

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbiker321 @ Sep 13 2003, 08:43 PM)
Intelligoth - Its spelled "Damnit"

Actually, it's "Damn It".  Mine was a deliberate mis-spelling.  What's your excuse?  By the way Einstein, maybe you should check your facts before pointing out my "mis-spellings".  From dictionary.com

dam·mit    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (dmt)
interj.
Used to express anger, irritation, contempt, or disappointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Alteration of damn it.]

So I believe a STFU is in order for you.  And to directly quote XBLamer who replied to Fried Rice in another post:

It totally amazes me that someone would take a $200 xbox and a $50 mod chip and use this as a method to learn how to solder. If you have no idea what the hell your doing then go practice on a broken or unused circuit board of some type don't use your xbox as a learning tool cause a newbie with an xbox a hot iron and solder is a disaster in the making.

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

Heres the deal. You know when youre watching TV and then you hear this noise, and even though the noise is soft, you can't stop hearing it, and it starts to drive you mad. Then you go to look for the noise, but CAN'T find it?

That is what is happenning. Fried rice is Intelligoths unstoppable noise. It's making him a lil' crazy. He know this is a newb forum, and that he should be nice, but he's starting to lose pieces of his sanity because Fried isn't taking the advice that's already been given him.

anyway I hope that explains what's happening here, just so we all understand.

Fried - I don't know about the audio wire. You could always test it, but you may not want to. Does the wiring look like the sme wires used in the xbox? It doesnt seem right to me so I wouldn't go that route. Grab an IDE cable and strip like that other guy said!
GL
ehb

chinmi

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (chinmi @ Sep 13 2003, 06:25 PM)
just use an old PC ide cable, and cut a piece of wire ftom it smile.gif

here's a picture of the IDE cable that i mentioned :
user posted image
i use this cable to extend the d0 cable on my friend's cheap-mod to be able to connect the on-off switch biggrin.gif

and a bit off topic : can u guess the backgound picture ??  laugh.gif

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »

You have  a poster of the SuperGay ElectricSuperman! Because the blue and red tights were'nt gay enough. Do I win a prize?
ehb

Vegetable Fried Rice

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Sep 14 2003, 05:51 PM)

Fried - I don't know about the audio wire. You could always test it, but you may not want to. Does the wiring look like the sme wires used in the xbox? It doesnt seem right to me so I wouldn't go that route. Grab an IDE cable and strip like that other guy said!
GL
ehb

the audio wire seems abit bigger than the grey wire. well..when you strip a piece out of the IDE cable, that piece contain like 5 little  tiny wires. and that doesn't seem to match the grey wire either.

what wire extension did you use, Akuma? biggrin.gif

Vegetable Fried Rice

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (chinmi @ Sep 14 2003, 06:03 PM)

here's a picture of the IDE cable that i mentioned :
user posted image

and a bit off topic : can u guess the backgound picture ??  laugh.gif

LOL, looks like an neon ice man. what is it anyways?

Intelligoth

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

<sigh>
Use a length of wire from an old phone cable.  You know, the ones that come with a modem?  Because I just know your ability for deductive logic is somewhat deficient, I'll step it out for you.

1) Take a length of phone cable and strip off the flat exterior plastic shell.  You should now have 4 insulated wires exposed.
2) Cut an appropriate length of wire that will reach from bottom d0 to your grey wire on your X2 chip.
3) Strip and tin the ends of the extension wire.  Solder one end to the bottom d0 pad.  
4) Take a small length 1/2" of heat shrink tubing and slide it over one of your wires.  Doesn't matter which.
5) Solder the other end of the extension cable to your Grey wire.  Slip the shrink tubing over the solder joint.
6) Heat up the tubing so it... shrinks... and covers up your solder joint.
7) Fire up the Xbox

If you dont have shrink tubing, just cover the solder joint with a bit of electrical tape.

Look at the picture and see how I did it if you're confused.

user posted image

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

if u got a 1.1 or above just put the wire through one of the spare lpc holes no need to extend it

if u have a 1.0 then just clean one of the spare lpc holes

ive moved quite a few do points to bottom do after someone has messed up there top do

and i havent extended a do wire yet on a xecutor chip

Intelligoth

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2003, 12:24:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »

I already said Fried, its a poster of the electric superman. Oh and I didnt do an extension. I ran the D0 wire through the nearest screw hole and then soldered.

blindmist

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

personally when i was soldering the d0 point i had to get my dad to help me. this was the hardest step besides getting evox onto the hdd of the xbox. i suggest using the top d0 point and strip the wire a little bit.
Pages: 1 [2]