xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eject Fix Vs. Eject Trick  (Read 51 times)

Blind_Samurai

• Archived User
Eject Fix Vs. Eject Trick
« on: July 25, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

You answered your own question. Eject Fix and Eject trick are the same thing. What it means is that, when you press the eject button while your xbox is on, it doesn't reboot.

HardKnox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

Then why is it listed in the bios features section as two different features?  The table says the xecuter2 4976.02 bios supports the eject trick but not the eject fix.  If it supports one and not the other then they can't be the same thing.

I for one can vouch that the eject trick does NOT keep the xbox from rebooting on eject because I use the above mentioned bios, and it's listed as supporting the eject trick on the bios features page.

My guess is that the eject fix is actually the feature everyone is referring to that keeps the xbox from rebooting.  So, where does that leave the eject trick feature?  I still can't see what that does.

HardKnox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

Ok, that makes sense Shorty.  If that's the case, and both of these features DO accomplish the same thing, but the eject trick is just a work around then how do you do it?  I would be interested to know sinse my bios doesn't support the eject fix.  I have a Matrix so I opted for the bios without the fix.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

I always thought the "fix" is what they did with x2 4977, from the release notes:
Permanent No Reset On Eject - Finally got around to adding this - HATED to have it reset in xbox media player :-)

Before that I thought they were implementing a "trick" to get it to work if you are at dash screen or something but thats it.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

(Neutral) = when an XBE is launched from the disc and the eject button is pressed, the Xbox resets.

Eject Fix = when an XBE is launched from the disc and the eject button is pressed, the Xbox does not reset.

Eject Trick = when a hacked BIOS is active and an XBE is launched from the disc and the eject button is pressed, the Xbox resets. This effectively makes the BIOS on the TSOP active.  This is used by the Matrix chip.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (HardKnox @ Jul 25 2003, 02:17 PM)
So effectively a bios can't support both of these features at the same time, and specifically the 4977 bios doesn't support the eject trick because it has the eject fix on permanently?

EXACTLY.  Nice work picking up on that.

That's why I recommend X2 4977 to most people except Matrix Mode 3 users, to whom I recommend X2 4976.02 (4977 sans eject fix).