xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Some People Are Just As Bad As M$  (Read 399 times)

musical_mercenary_420

• Archived User
Some People Are Just As Bad As M$
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

let me help the dumass out....... lol

if you dont read then no one will help you i dont get why this is a post no 1 wants to hear how depressed/sad tyou are reading 4 2 weeks trying 2 figure out my ass dude i got a modchip and installed it in a day reading directly off the tut's so ur eather dum as hell (how did i guess) or you have no common sense (what alot of ppl seem to lack these days)

DAWGONU

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2003, 06:44:00 AM »

dvl I sent u an email telling u If u want I can help u threw live gt DawgOnU just add me and I can give u some help.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2003, 07:12:00 AM »

Thanks man.  I'm going to need help at some point.  I went house hunting this weekend, and didn't get to read as much as I wanted, or get to crack open my xbox to take a look see.  I plan on doing that this week.  Today I'll do some reading on the hdd switch.  So far, what I don't understand is, how do I back up my save files that are on my old xbox hardrive?  I guess just buy a memory card?  I don't know, but that seems to be the thing to do?

shorty

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »

DVL, about the backing up of save games.

You will need to find out how to use xbins, check out benjeremys signature for that, infact i have a link here.

Software you will need to get to get started.

PC Software.

1) FTP Program such as FlashFXP (works well for me), this is for Getting the apps from the internet and, Sending files to and from your xbox.

2) IRC software, also to help you get apps from the internet

For the XBOX,

1) Dashboard such as Evolution-X, this is what most people seem to use, although it seems to have been stuck in the slow lane devolopment wise, im really liking MXM and Avalaunch...... this is the first thing you will want to install, you will need to burn it to cd/dvd and then ftp into your xbox and copy the same thing onto the xbox hard drive, exept renaming default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (even if you go for avalaunch....etc)

as a side note...... this is the point at which you should change over the HDD, now that you can FTP into the xbox, your gonna be able to back up every partition to your computer (by the way you need a network card to FTP to the XBOX) and change the drive, format it using the evolution-x cd again and transfer all the data back to the new HDD.... from this point, the world is your oyster.

2) - 100000) Emulators, homebrew games, XBMP.....etc

There are many different programs and ways you  can use to achieve the same thing which you will read about, go with whatever you feel best with, i think the way i describe is what most people do.......

All that info was pretty rough, let me know if you need some clarification, its late im tired, and some guy just called me from a dating service saying my number is on the telly!!!! WTF?

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2003, 08:21:00 AM »

Just when I think I'm starting to understand this stuff, something pops up that baffles me.  I think I'm brain fried.  I probably need a day without researching this topic so I can come back with a relaxed, and relfected out look.  I learn much better when I can work with things hands on.  I can only read so much and then, I get burned out.

I'm sure I can flash with bios besides flashfxp right?  I don't really want to pay $25 for this program if I can get one provided by this site for free, unless there is a huge benifit from using flashfxp?  PM if you know where I can get it fo free.

If IRC software, and Flahsfxp both do the same things, then why do I need them both?

I understand the whole dashboard thing.  That makes sense, and seems like it will be one of the easier parts of the whole installation.  It's this whole flashing thing that bothers me.

Thanks for you continued help shorty.  It might not seem like much to you, but your really helping me out.

Blastomy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

flashxp is a program to get the bios, and Mirc "a IRC progam" is another program to find where to direct flash to.  Not the bios themselves.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

It's all coming together now.  I think I've got it.  Most of that was explained in the tutorial, but the way you just put, made it finally click for me.  Let me see if I've got you so far...

Install chip

Next I have to flash bios onto my chip since it's a xpro2.2 (hopefully I can find a copy of the latest evox 2x bio-I'll have to do this from a pc with a network card, out of a printer port?

Next I'll load my dash board with the latest version of evox 1.8, or whatever version I can find

Change out my hardrives, and load the rest of my programs

Lastly, hope to god it all works.

Sounds easy in theory.  I've found a site that lists a bunch of xbox tools.  I'll pm it to you, and if you have a minute, I'd like for you to tell me what you think of the site.  I've already downloaded a few files, but I don't know if I should use them.  Thanks for all the help shorty.

shorty

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Yep, you have more or less got it.

One thing to note, evolution-x is a team of modders/programmers/whatever.

They have a dashboard program and they also have a BIOS, easy to get the two mixed up since they are called the same thing, you want to use the Xecuter BIOS not the Evolution-X bios..... the Evolution-x Dashboard is what we are interested in.

The info i gave you about FTP and IRC, look into it, once you get that part, its easy to get all the latest software.

You use the parallel port to flash the bios and you use the network card for transfering the files (games/apps....etc).

And no Probs, glad to help.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »

I tore into my xbox last night.  I took everything out, and I must say, it was intimidating.  I didn't realize how small the sodering joints are till I could put an eyeball on them myself!  The pictures that I've seen don't do d0 justice.  That thing is small.  I haven't recieved my hdd yet, so I didn't start the mod yet.  I want to do it all at once, so I put it back together to make sure it still worked.  So far so good.  Hopefully I get the hdd today.

Just wondering, how many RJ-45 cables will I need to flash my chip?  Right now I have tow crossover, and two normal ones.  I'm sure that's enough, but I just want to make sure I have everything I need so that I won't have to make any last minute trips to radio shak.

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

You do not flash the chip through the network, you flash it with the programmer or a version of evolution x that will allow you to flash it.

error404

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0j0jojo, ja0ja0j0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aja, joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj, j0aj0aj0aj0ja0ja0aj0aj0aj0aja0ja0ja0ja, jojojj0joj0joj0j0

by Vill Jates

shorty

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (error404 @ Aug 1 2003, 06:50 PM)
joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0j0jojo, ja0ja0j0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aj0aja, joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj0joj, j0aj0aj0aj0ja0ja0aj0aj0aj0aja0ja0ja0ja, jojojj0joj0joj0j0

by Vill Jates

Yeah, thats really helpful.

Don't crap over the threads!

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »

OK people, I installed the chip this weekend.  It wasn't near as difficult as I thought it would be.  The sodering went smooth.  So smooth, that the D0 wasn't even a factor.  The whole chip install took about a half hour.  Plugged er in, and Cromwell booted right up first try.  Everything was lovely...then the shit hit the fan.

We spent the next three hours trying to flash the chip.  Flashed it with this and that.  Nothing worked.  We tried Cdrw, dvdrw and they both petered out.  We tried downloading from the pc, and that didn't work.  It seemed that the dvd drive wouldn't read the disks no matter what.  My xbox would recognized them.  It would show the name of the file, but wouldn't load and flash the chip.  It also seemed like the pc couldn't get in either.  One of us got the bright idea to exchange dvd drives with another xbox, and guess what?  It worked.  Everything loaded properly.  Games loaded, games backed up, I changed the skins, set an IP address, and did much more.

This is where the problems started.  I unplugged my xbox and changed hdd.  Everthing seemed ok, so I put the lid back on and continued to load.  At some point after becoming unplugged, my xbox started to have problems.  I'm not sure what, because I was in another rm cutting another friends hair.  But my buddy completely reloaded the system hoping it would solve any problems.  It did too.  He put slayer on there, and once again I had it all.  He showed me all the menu's and stuff.  He was a huge help because he's an IT guy.  He had never done a mod, but he knows enough about pc's.

The weird thing is, when I got home and plugged my box back in, The xbox dashboard wouldn't load!  An alarm popped up telling me that I needed to send my xbox in for repairs in five different languages.  I switched over for mod, and it wouldn't load correctly either.  First off, it took way too long to load.  I could hear the drives chugging away, and nothing was happening.  Everytime it has an error, I could hear a little click or poping sound.  It takes about a full min for the the xecuter2 dash to finally load, but it doesn't show all the menu items and apps that where just there an hour before!  I can put a game in on the mod and it boots right up and plays.  I can also save games, but not on the xbox dash.  After a half hour of fiddling with the settings, and flipping switches, I noticed that the temp of my cpu was over 142 degrees, so I just shut the system down.  I'm lost man.  I have no idea what to do at this point.

Please help.  Is unplugging my xbox screwing up my bios?

V1.0, Xpro2.2, sammy 120gb hd, xecuter bios

murdza420

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2003, 05:07:00 PM »

My CPU temp gets that high too, but i don't have any problems with loading my box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]