xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Why Does My Xbox Rarely Turn On?  (Read 426 times)

LaMagra

• Archived User
Why Does My Xbox Rarely Turn On?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

have u removed  the mod entirly and tryed booting it's longshot and maybe your stepdown is packing it in ????

aaaaqqqq

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

If the problem is a broken track it can probably be fixed by someone that is good at soldering. I can help you if you live in Stockholm/Sweden, but since you are using a step down transformer my guess is that you are not.

But make sure that a track really is broken (is the green dot on top of a track?).

If it is totaly dead you can always sell spare parts from it, I have a friend that wants to buy a Samsung DVD.

DANW547

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 09:41:00 AM »

Damn it, I can't get the motherboard all the way out

There's no guide explaining how to do so in detail, this is sooo annoying

. / / A

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

ya i had a screw under my mobo (sry im still a n00b but im pretty sure that means mother board) and all i did was tip my box while sit open and it slid right out from underneath the.... mobo....

EDIT: and it worked fine

DANW547

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

I've got them all out except for the largest one there, which is a white piece of plastic with wires coming out of it, my Xbox is a an original too so I'm guessing it's going to be a bitch to get out.

It's just not budging, are you sure it's not glued?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

if a mobo wont come out check the NIC port there are 2 tiny bits of metal that sometimes catch but the correct way to remove xbox mobo:

pull off power connector and controller connections too whilst the 11 screws are still in there - don't forget the little fan connection at back by av port

remove 11 screws

ensure the controller & on/off connector is out of way.....

gently holding the big heatsink, lift up the front end of the board slightly and slide the mobo backwards - if not coming then lift board up more to say about 2 inches at front and the board slides back - up & out

IF IT DON'T WANNA KNOW THEN CHECK THE PORTS LIKE NIC CARD's 2 LITTLE LUGS AT BACK OF XBOX
YOU DID REMOVE THE A/V LEAD ?
AND THE SLIGHTEST SNAGG ON THE CONTROLLER LEADS WILL HINDER THE MOBO REMOVAL

take ya time check any snagging parts but it comes out like a piece of cake usually

the NIC card's little lugs at bottom of port - viewed from the back of xbox is usually what it may snagg on or it just caught a controller lead connector

take ya time - you be fine - but reckon that power supply/stepdown is iffy maybe before you write of ya xbox

it should do something - you checked any fuses on the power leads/stepdown etc

it should power up or even FRAG but just fan spinning has me thinking the power supply isn'y pumping out the correct juice on all the power points for some reason

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

that large one is the power supply

hope you got a few screws in the mobo still

a bit of a bitch some of the early ones to get out - some had one solid piece of plastic locking lug on it others had a locking lug that was thinner and had 2 or 3 sections/splits in the locking bit

the split locking bit just comes out real easy by pulling up and wiggling side to side

but the older solid plastic one is a bit of a pig

use say a knife or screwdriver but

BE CAREFUL

you put the screwdriver down and lever the clasp over and pull up on power

BE VERY CAREFUL

don't put the knife/screwdriver too close to the top as if and will probably happen 0 the clasp bit will break you will go smash into one of the big capacitors with ya driver/knife - so stick it in more of a central position and lever little by little and carefully puling up and wiggling the connector as you pull upwards

no woories if the clasp bit breaks but more of what damage could happen if you go too mad and the scredriver slips into and damages the capacitors etc....

go easy but - though the power supply is suspect you have to know how to remove it anyway

where abouts in this world are you - might be worth trying get another supply from somewhere without need for stepdown

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

£400 - you in uk then where abouts ?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

yeah maybe I gathered that by the power supply being a bit tricky to pull off

and no doubt has thomson dvd in there etc.....

£50 would of been for mod that would of done the exact same job and all installed tested with dash

I was actually more interested if you was kinda local coz I reckon it's ya power supply maybe

I wasn't taking the piss outta of ya paying a lot of money

I had started to guess that it was a early usa xbox imported but didn't know where

Originally thought you could of been in usa with an inported green euro xbox and needed the different power voltage etc....

anyway that power connector would have to come off to remove the mobo or try a replacement psu - hopefully a uk 240v one

put the 11 screws back in to hold the mobo down properly and just go easy - when you connect the power back just press down the connector but not all the way - so it is powered but not locked back down at psu connector

. / / A

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

late fees r suprisingly inexpensive i wouldnt destroy ur dvd drive for it

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »

there is a small hole to the left of the eject tray button

straighten a paperclip and see if you can use this emergency eject hole to open the tray

reckon it's ya power-supply

if ya mobo got fucked it would usually go Flashing Read And Green = FRAG

aaaaqqqq

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

wink.gif

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »

for fuck's sake where the fuck are ya in this world

jeez you gonna wreck a xbox coz of some lame fucking game

ok wreck it if ya want - lmk what ya want for the rest of it the bits

aaaaqqqq

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2003, 11:19:00 AM »

Let it rest for some days, maybe someone knows how to fix it. If not, it won't make it worse.

Maybe the guys where you rented the game can get i out if the paperclip won't work.

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »

Look the hole bastid thing is a bitch

can't remember but you nee a long bit of strong wire but just under the xbox tray front there is a cog - try to turn - GENTLY

so remove the drive locate the position of the release mechanism on ya thomson and using a small screwdriver GENTLY AND CAREFULLY try to move the gear/cog as well

failing that do a few things

ring the shop explain the situation now to them - they may be a bit understanding but the sooner you let them know the better - you may have had some insurance policy on your membership maybe

I would say send the sod to me but you don't know me from adam - hence me asking wher ya was from

if it's a power supply then it will only cost about £15

hardly a complete write off that xbox
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4