xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +  (Read 207 times)

gamemaster14

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« on: June 03, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

I know the D0 point is located in a diffrent place in a v1.2 xbox. Check your version Here http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php . You coulds also have the new v1.3. That is the only reason I can think of for not having the D0 align right.

VOYAGERXP

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 08:08:00 AM »

I had the same problems when i installed my x2 lite +. As Gamemaster14 said check what version of xbox you have because on xbox ver 1.2 the do point was moved. If you have xbox ver 1.0 or 1.1 then just look close on the motherboard, Make sure you have good light because if the pogo pins are just off it won't work. Some users say that if you scratch the do point a bit with a fiberglass pen gives better contact.

(BUT IF YOU SLIP YOU COULD KILL YOUR XBOX).

be warned

gamemaster14

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

Some users say that if you scratch the do point a bit with a fiberglass pen gives better contact.

More offen this is needed for v1.1's

VOYAGERXP

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »

I did'nt need to scatch mine but i did have to with my ladys brother's xbox. With mine it was just a matter of getting it right on the hole. Some xbox's have no solder in the holes where the pogo pins go so before i had to fiil them in with one xbox before.

VOYAGERXP

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

Make sure you use the washer that comes with the x2 lite + and screw. On my xbox i put the washer under x2 where you screw it to the motherboard and it held the chip down on the points good. But on my lady's brothers i had to put the washer on top.

Watch out if you chip is a millimeter off the do point, one little slip and bye bye xbox

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

dam. tried putting the washer below and still nothing. I should be seeing Xecuter below the X on start up right? Anyways, I'm going to hit old Walmart and buy me a magnifying glass. This is starting to really blow. I have a feeling I should have went solder and been done hours ago. So much for 2min install, F#$K!

VOYAGERXP

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

I know mate i too had to take it of and put it on 2x+ times. It's a pain in the ass, I was going to take it back and exchange it for a solder x2. I did'nt want to solder, I am qualified in electronics and computer installation but when it comes to modding xbox or ps2 i lose my head.

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

I thought all the xecuter lite versions did have a bios.

I think she's starting to breath. Now when I boot up I get FRAG, drive door opens, and screen is black with lines.

You may be right about the bios. I've read they frag when they don't have a bios. I'll keep messin but dam I have to go to work at 1030pm est.

KavMan

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

You probably have the cromwell bios
I think the tray opens when you have that bios
Also if the screen is black make sure you are using the rca jacks for your video/audio
Search for flashing with ozflash if you have cromwell bios

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (KavMan @ Jun 4 2003, 03:31 AM)
You probably have the cromwell bios
I think the tray opens when you have that bios
Also if the screen is black make sure you are using the rca jacks for your video/audio
Search for flashing with ozflash if you have cromwell bios

I may have that cromwell bios. I emailed the guys I bought it from to see what they flashed it with.

Not sure what you mean by the RCA jacks. I use the Svideo/optical adaptor to connect from the xbox to the tv. Why would I want to use RCA? lower quality.

Flash with ozflash. How? This is the Xecuter 2Lite+ version with no parallel adaptor. Wouldn't I need to buy a seperate programmer? That would suck since I spent enough money on this all in one chip.

RuE211

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »

I just got me Lite (+) in
u dont want to screw it down all the way
just so it stays in place

VOYAGERXP

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »

I think you will need a  programmer to flash the bios. Mine was already done when i brought it.

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

Ok so I've screwed the chip in and it boots into cromwell. Only thing is that the screen is a little messed up, not a smooth pic like I've seen when I hold the chip down with my hands. The bios still boots and does its thing and request for cd just fine. Should I leave it at this and move on or should I keep messing with it until the screen looks perfect?

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

grr.gif

Now to learn how to burn an iso and put evox on it.  sad.gif

asp_datalok10

• Archived User
Pogo Pin Xecuter Lite +
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

Actually one more problem...the 1.1 box is working fine w/ the chip but the 1.0 box keeps fragin. It restarts 3X and then stays on blinking red/green. Each restart has descending beep. What the heck does this mean? Screen is blank as well. Take the chip off and ms screen works, why not Cromwell?
Pages: [1] 2