xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Networking Problem  (Read 189 times)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

Honestly, gateway won't make a difference at all. No matter what it is.  Try uninstall and re install of the FLashFXP, maybe a setting got messed up.  
Also in first post you said you could ping and later on you said you couldn't... can you ping now?
try changing the passwd in evox.ini and login with new pass just to see maybe there's a weird character in there...

LateraLex

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »

dry.gif

LateraLex

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

Can this be moved to the super advanced xbox genuis thread?

dink

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

I can't ping to box, and I have tried every combination of IP's and gateways possible. I could reinstall Flash, but seeing as I can't even ping the box, I don't see how thats going to help.

Since you can NOT ping the Xbox, and you are using the same NIC, to get online.  Its not a IP addressing issue.  It could be the flash, if the BIOS is corrupted.  Which would not initializing/configuring the NIC in the Xbox properly.  Before flashing, I would look elsewhere.

When using the crossover cable, do both green LINK leds on the PC and Xbox light up?

In case you don't know, the LINK leds are located on the RJ-45 socket on the the PC and the Xbox.  Usually there is a green and amber LED on the Ethernet socket.  The amber LED only comes on where there is activity on the Ethernet segment.

(e.g. PING, FTP, WWW)   Before any data can be passed, the LINK LED (green) on each device needs to be on.

If they are not, then you may have a bad crossover cable, bad NIC on the Xbox or a misconfigured NIC on the PC.

A construction worker on the information super highway....

absolutejerk

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

LateraLex

• Archived User
Networking Problem
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

It was the flash. *sigh of relief*
Thanks guys.
Pages: 1 [2]