xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Oops  (Read 288 times)

archon76

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Potenza @ Mar 19 2003, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (archon76 @ Mar 19 2003, 05:15 PM)
Hello,

I just read over this entire thread.  I just had a thought.  What is the size of the D6 bios that ships with the version of EVOX he is using.  If the bios file is 256k and the flash on the chip is 1 Meg he is going to need to get the flash cable kit to fix it or a functioning X2 chip and swap them.  That could be why he is not seeing the "Matrix Inside" Logo on startup because the file size of the bios is not right.

bah-hah the D6 ejectfix.bin file you listed earlier in this thread, what was the file size of it?

If I'm not mistaken, evox will create a 1mb file from a 256 image if the chip is 1mb

I don't think the evox flash tool is going to check the size of the flash it is coping to and alter the size of the bios to fit it.

There have been a lot of problems with people flashing the wrong size bios (too small) in a larger memory area.  

wink.gif I usally test to verify statments like this.  But this is one I am going to skip on the verify part.

I agree with smokeingit on this if everything worked fine just before he flashed then he had a problem.  Its has to be a problem with the flash in some shape or form.

bah-hah do you know of anyone else who has a X2 installed they should be able to help you.  I really think all you need is a good flash.

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

the programmer flashes it again so it should work

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

bah-hah do you know of anyone else who has a X2 installed they should be able to help you. I really think all you need is a good flash.

no, no i dont

archon76

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (bah-hah @ Mar 20 2003, 12:21 AM)
the programmer flashes it again so it should work

Yeah that really should solve the problem.  I was just tring to save you a few bucks if you knew someone with a X2 chip.  

The programmer would be really handy to have on hand anyway.  This way if the problem reoccurs you can easily correct it.

Good Luck.

Please let us know how it turns out.

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »

archon: thanks for your suggestions

thanks: shanafan, smokeingit, menace, gainpresence, potenza

you guys really did help...

and im going to purchase that programmer tomorrow, just gotta get my shit together.

i will post on how it turns out
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]