xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Oops  (Read 314 times)

Potenza

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2003, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Mar 19 2003, 03:11 PM)
You can buy a programmer for you X2:Lite (here), but consider the possibility that your d0 point came undone.

I can't see how you could have flashed the MS BIOS on accident, unless you're just really.... well.... nevermind.

As far as we are standing now, I must agree with gainspresence.
D0.

Potenza

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Mar 19 2003, 03:16 PM)
Ok, if it's flashed, then you'll HAVE TO GET the programmer.

But on the disk there was only D6 and D6 ejectfix, so if it is flashed...it was with Evox bios.

SO I guess it's or a media problem / Or D0 / Or Bad flash (but that woulg give an error right?)

Potenza

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Mar 19 2003, 03:36 PM)
I know that, but he says he KNOWS he flashed it with the MS BIOS, so he must have put the BIOS on there and set it up for a flash (for some unknown reason).

In that case, he'll need the programmer (or another chip to hotswap).

Not trying to show off here, but FYI i went over the contents of his evox disk with him and it only had D6 and D6 eject fix. So no MS bios.

Potenza

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

I think the poor guy is just lost.

Let's wait untill he checks D0

archon76

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »

Hello,

I just read over this entire thread.  I just had a thought.  What is the size of the D6 bios that ships with the version of EVOX he is using.  If the bios file is 256k and the flash on the chip is 1 Meg he is going to need to get the flash cable kit to fix it or a functioning X2 chip and swap them.  That could be why he is not seeing the "Matrix Inside" Logo on startup because the file size of the bios is not right.

bah-hah the D6 ejectfix.bin file you listed earlier in this thread, what was the file size of it?

Potenza

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (archon76 @ Mar 19 2003, 05:15 PM)
Hello,

I just read over this entire thread.  I just had a thought.  What is the size of the D6 bios that ships with the version of EVOX he is using.  If the bios file is 256k and the flash on the chip is 1 Meg he is going to need to get the flash cable kit to fix it or a functioning X2 chip and swap them.  That could be why he is not seeing the "Matrix Inside" Logo on startup because the file size of the bios is not right.

bah-hah the D6 ejectfix.bin file you listed earlier in this thread, what was the file size of it?

If I'm not mistaken, evox will create a 1mb file from a 256 image if the chip is 1mb

HeLiuM

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

i dont think the older one does
bad flash gives error

my guess is if he installed a switch he fucked it, or d0 came undone.

smokeingit

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »

my take on this is that he did flash the wrong bios like he said to start with. none of the D0 bullshit. He fucked up on flashing it wrong. he admits it, let move on and give him some advice on his retarded more. even if he is a n00b, there are some things people just dont do. like flash with an orignal bios, or drive in reverse in on the freeway.

MeNaCe911

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

heres a ?....is it soldered right lol i swear if thats the reason

smokeingit

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

so let me get this right... you guys think that it was solder right when he flashed it, but some how got undone with he started it up with the new flash? were the fuck does this make sense?

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

so let me get this right... you guys think that it was solder right when he flashed it, but some how got undone with he started it up with the new flash? were the fuck does this make sense?

smokeingit makes sense right there, i dont know what the problem is, i'll check the d0 just to know before i buy a programmer, and no, i havent hit my xbox, but i have had to move it around enough and into a particualr room, it could be the d0 point.

but i dont think it is

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »

and your also right as to the point that i would not install the MSbios again, if i wouldve known this shit wouldve happened, i wouldnt have fucked with evox until i thought i was ready

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »

im taking it apart now...

bah-hah

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »

d0 point is in successfully, i am now closing the box, im leaving the wires in, but take the chip out, if i should get the wires, let me know and ill open it again

MeNaCe911

• Archived User
Oops
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

resolder is my last idea
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5