xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help With Harddrive Install Boot Disc  (Read 359 times)

DUMB

• Archived User
Help With Harddrive Install Boot Disc
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 01:42:00 AM »

new newbie plan what if i took my pc dvd drive out and put it in xbox and tryed to boot would it be able to read the cdrs then. just going through my options should cdrw fail

DUMB

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 02:05:00 AM »

oh man i just tried to look at was on the disc on my pc and it could not read it .how would i get a freind to put it on dvd if it cant be read by pc drives do cdrws atually work with samsung drive or do i need a dvd

DUMB

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »

grr.gif  muhaha.gif  grr.gif  muhaha.gif  grr.gif cdrw just gives the needs servicing sign to what is wrong i have a samsung drive it should read cdrs and cdrws yet it dont. i dont have dvds or a dvd burner and i dont know any one whos does and im sure even if i buy a dvd burner which is expensive  i bet it still wont work is the there any way to link the hard and save the files to it from a pc

DUMB

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 03:47:00 AM »

my disc info looks like this in its folder does the folder name matter this is what it looks like before i convert to iso.This is the exact lay out and content of the folder
_____
|____|default.xbe                    
|____|Xbe.file
|____|656KB

_____
|------ |evox
| ----- |Configuration Settings
|____|3KB

_____
|____| bios
|____| Bin File
|____|1,024KB

_____
| ___ |disk
| ___ |BIN File
|____|512KB

_____
| ___ |eeprom
| ___ |BIN File
|____|1KB

_____
|_ __ |hddkey
|____|BIN File
|____|1KB

_____
| ----- |hddinfo
| ----- |Text Document
|____|1KB

yes i know i could of just screen shoted the folder but i dont know how to upload the picture also could this be the problem             AutoLaunchGames = No

DUMB

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 04:27:00 AM »

what is a disk root of a directory is my xbe file in a disc root im not sure is this whats wrong. would trying the “dummy file” technique help or is that unrelated

DUMB

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 05:11:00 AM »

jester.gif  rotfl.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  WITH MY MODDING THANKS GUYS

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »

I am glad u got it fixed..... I didn't think you would. I read this whole thread and deduced that you're a motherfucking idiot. Have a nice day.

iceman_ertw

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »

Heres the problem I had that with the same symptom.  The files you are burning on the CD are relatively small and only take up the inner most part of the CD.  The xbox may have difficulty seeing this.  The trick that worked for me as well as some friends was to "dummy" the disk by putting a large file named dummy.000 on the CD first and THEN burn the Evox files.  This will bring the files you want into the middle of the CD.
Pages: 1 [2]