xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: What Modchip Should I Choose ?  (Read 3321 times)

pipes59

• Archived User
What Modchip Should I Choose ?
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

Hi there, this is my first post so please understand i'm a newbe.
I have purchased a new Xbox for my son for xmas to replace his PS1. (which I chipped before it was even ever plugged in).
I've been reading the FAQ and forum here for about a week to see how to chip the Xbox. My god it's gotten complicated.
OK, first off since its a new Xbox I am assuming it to be a ver 1.5 or at least a 1.4. Therefore my understanding is the only bios that will work is the X2 4979 256K. Or did I misunderstand the bios chart I found? I was thinking about the X bIT mod but if there only a 256K bios useful guess I don't really need a multi bios. My soldering skills are excellent and would prefer to solder for reliability purposes. Can anyone recomment a mod for me? And I don't care about $10 here or there as long as its a reliable mod. I also want to upgrade the hard drive to 120GB as so the disks can be transfered and put away. (My son treats his disks like shit) Also so I can download games and load them up to HD. Any recommendations would be much appreciated......
ph34r.gif

Ludicrous

• Archived User
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »

So does anyone have any experience with the X-BIT modchip?  It requires no soldering and it has 2MB flash, would i be better off buying the X-Ecuter 2.3 lite over this one?

Thanks!

Ludicrous

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has any reason to go for the regular X-Ecuter 2.3 LITE or PRO instead of the solderless model?  I definitely would prefer something that i can plug in and replace easily in the future if I need to.

Thanks!

s_cube

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2003, 10:59:00 AM »

pipes:  I do not think that downloading games is legal or can be discussed/mentioned here.

pipes &  ludicrous:  When I first got into xbox modding, I was a big fan of the xecutor 2.2 series.   The xecutor 2.2lite w/ a header pin install is/was the only chip necessary for xbox modding.   It is no longer available, and I personally refuse to goto that usb power-addon x2.3 thing.  xecutor chips,however are by far the most popular, IMO with good support found here at xbox-scene.  .    Of course, now that the x2.2lite is gone, I'm looking towards cheapmods ... AppleX chip perhaps.  thats just me though....

s_cube
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]