xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)  (Read 1734 times)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (mastertito4 @ Oct 1 2003, 08:19 PM)
may i link to my tut?

Yes? though i'm not sure what you're asking.

gtd 2000

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

Where is the part that explains how to get the FTP to work if you are not getting anything listed next to Type and have the IP as 0.0.0.0

This seems to be a very common problem across the net and one which I have too sad.gif

All the suggestions do not work it seems

Either that or the people who offer the explanations have never experienced it.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »

when its listed as 0.0.0.0, you don't get ftp to work.  you need to figure out why your xbox isn't getting an IP.  If you want people to help you post the network section of your evox.ini and the results of an ipconfig /all from the computer you are connecting from.  As well as how you have your computer hooked up to your xbox.

gtd 2000

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

I'll post the info tomorrow then - gotta hit the sack - up at 6am sad.gif

shadowfighta

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

Interesting... my ftp transfer keep failing (Dropping to 0) in flashfxp.  I use cuteftp also but its a lot slower but usually works but waiting 2+ hours to transfer a 3 gb game is ridiculous.  What settings should my nic card have?  I have 2 nics in my pc with a crossover cable running to my xbox.  Should i have it at 100 base tx full dupleX?

FWAxeIbanez

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »

awesome tutorial man, you helped me get everything set up right...but it still wasn't working....i nearly tore my hair out, till someone just told me to reboot my xbox with everything plugged in....and then it was like magic...about damn time too....i probably spent 3-4 hours today just fidgeting with the ftp...knowing i was close, but still no luck...thats the worst! any way, thanks a million for helpin me out beerchug.gif

FWAxeIbanez

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »

not sure why...but it doubled my post, thanks again anyway! beerchug.gif

TheCreepster

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2003, 04:19:00 AM »

I might be being dumb but here goes anyway. My Xbox is connected to my PC through a modem router. I have set static IP to yes as per tut and have the IP 10.0.0.2 which I have successfully pinged. Now when I open flashfxp is where I get a bit lost. In the right hand box I click the lightning and then quick connect. In the server or URL box I put the XBox IP only and then click connect. Is this correct and if yes then why does it not find the connection (it says timeout)? Any help much appreciated.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2003, 06:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (shadowfighta @ Oct 5 2003, 04:50 AM)
Interesting... my ftp transfer keep failing (Dropping to 0) in flashfxp.  I use cuteftp also but its a lot slower but usually works but waiting 2+ hours to transfer a 3 gb game is ridiculous.  What settings should my nic card have?  I have 2 nics in my pc with a crossover cable running to my xbox.  Should i have it at 100 base tx full dupleX?

speed issues are a bitch. dropping to zero either means you don't have space left on the partition of the xbox you are copying to or some nic compatibility issue with the xbox.  try using crossover to the other nic you have just for testing purposes.  Go into your nic properties and test different combinations of full/half duplex and speed at 10/100.  Also try pinging your xbox with something like this: ping <xboxIP> -l 1024 -t and see if you get any timed out's on that.  If you do try a new cable too.  What evox you have?  if its 3921 i would only use flashfxp.

This post has been edited by mrRobinson: Oct 5 2003, 01:27 PM

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (TheCreepster @ Oct 5 2003, 08:19 AM)
I might be being dumb but here goes anyway. My Xbox is connected to my PC through a modem router. I have set static IP to yes as per tut and have the IP 10.0.0.2 which I have successfully pinged. Now when I open flashfxp is where I get a bit lost. In the right hand box I click the lightning and then quick connect. In the server or URL box I put the XBox IP only and then click connect. Is this correct and if yes then why does it not find the connection (it says timeout)? Any help much appreciated.

well just verify that your xbox ip is in fact 10.0.0.2 and make sure you can ping it from your computer.  Once that is good as you said make sure you don't have any firewall software running that would block it.  either the winxp one or a third party.

johnblox

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »

You can of course just goto network on file explorer in windoze do add network place and type ftp://10.0.0.x  (whatever your xbox's ip addr is) and then you just have your xbox listed as a place to go to whenever you need. No need to install an ftp client.

My problem is that when I ftp to the box my D drive (should be dvd rom) instead duplicates showing the contents of the c drive ?  (happens with ftp client as well)

btw I recommend aceftp as favoured windoze ftp client

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »

Just updated guide with more troubleshooting and FTP Speed Issues section.  Still looking for feedback especially in those two areas.  This will probably be the last update through this thread and it'll just stay updated on chefelf's site.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

probably going to make this .htm soon as my time allows.  this way people don't have to load a .pdf to see the diagrams and all.  This gets a good number of views for always being buried in the forum so hopefully its helping people understand networking thier xbox a bit more.  Please if you've used this, whether finding it helpful or not try to post what helped or what it was missing for you.  this way i can improve on it and finalize it.  thanks.

robertgdean86

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

I was woundering if you could help me out please! I got my xbox modded and Evox installed by a bloke at a computer fair, so I didnt do it by myself using a network cable. Im trying to network the xbox with the chip (X-Ecuter 2.2) and copy of evox (V1.8.3752) and Im having difficulty! Im getting very frustrated as Ive tried so many methods and I understand how ips work etc. I cant get the xbox past the stage of realising its connected with a computer I have an Ethernet MAC Address, but it says No Link thus I have no ip being received by the xbox! Im using an ethernet adaptor port (which is connected to the motherboard) and a crossover RJ45 cable into the back of xbox. I have had the cable tested and it works a ok. Tho the LAN connection settings on the PC says "Network Cable Unplugged" and as I said the xbox doesnt even realise its plugged in "No Link!" Unfortunatly thats as far as I've got and Im woundering what exactly Im doing wrong and debating whether or not I need 2 re instal Evox or if its something to do with the pc!
Please can you help me thanks very much  

DerkinWind

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8