xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)  (Read 1798 times)

philly_b

• Archived User
Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

i have the same set-up and problem as neema, except a diff. router . evoX tells me there is a IP but FlashFXP will not connect.

AndTheBeast

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »

Hello! I'm new and stupid, and believe computers are the devil.muhaha.gif

Having said that, I am TRYING to network my XB to my PC via a direct connection with a crossover cable. I've looked at various guides and tutorials by the bucketload but none are working. From what I gather, the problem seems to be that neither the PC or the XB recognise that they are connected to anything. Nothing lights up on either ethernet port. The cable isn't bad either, because it works on other stuff.

Any help that could be offered before I take it all outside and beat it with a sharp axe, would be just nifty.

soma806

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

I've successfully been able to FTP for a while now, but have never been able to use SMB in dvd2xbox. Is there a toutorial for seeting that up in windows xp somewhere? I've createde a workgroup and made a new user, disable simple file sharing, createed a new c:\games dirr and gave my new xbox user access to this dir. I edited the dvd2xbox.xml and entered teh ip address of my pc, the workgroup name as the domain teh shared dir, the xbox use name and password. The xbox ip address and netmask etc from the evox settings. But I cannot rip to SMB. mad.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

neema-  I can only think that maybe some of your settings are wrong.  Do you have your evox set to use dhcp or static? Post an ipconfig /all from the wireless computer you are trying to ftp from.  I'd start a thread in newbie chat as well so people can respond faster without waiting for a mod review.

SaYcHeEse- I'm sure you just have a setting off or something.  Post an ipconfig /all from the pc that has the crossover connection to the xbox.  Also post the network section of your evox.ini.  Like the above, I would do this in a new post in the newbie forum so your issue can be addressed faster.

zhk

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

biggrin.gif Very nice tutorial.....

But I am having speed problems and tryed just about anything,  comes down to this...

I have to set my NIC to 10Mb/Full duplex.... otherwise it keeps poping up as
unpleged,plugged,unplugged.................

So by doing this I'm limiting the line to 10Mb/s which means 1.2MB/s or so ..
is that the fastest i can get if not, any idea why my NIC would do this...(oh and since I have 2 NIC's <not the same brand> I tryed both and both do the same)

any help advice or ideas are welocome

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

Speed issues suck.  You just need to continue with trial and error.  Make sure the cable you are using is perfect, if you aren't sure get a cable tester or buy a new one.  Try getting a hub and/or switch and go from xbox to hub/switch and then from there to your computer.  This would eliminate any problems your nics might be having communicating with the xbox nic.  If these still don't help try with a different computer.

EDIT on 10.28.04
** GUIDE Updated **
  • Speed troubleshooting section
  • Getting xbox online succesfully to use RSS news feeds, Linksboks, etc.
  • Minor wording changes throughout

This post has been edited by mrRobinson: Oct 28 2004, 06:16 PM

zhk

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

I know why it is now!!!!!

The unplugged,plugged,unplugged................

It a Temprature issue,...  

I dont know if anyone has/had this problem before or if anyone posted this, but if the xbox is too hot it will turn the LAN on,off,on,off....

I noticed this because I was getting great speed lately, but just now I was playing a game for a few hours and it was running pretty hot, then I tryed tranferring over some files and it started again...then I thought the temp cause what else was diferent from before i played the game....   so I increased the fan speed, pulled it out of my tv stand and tryed again....

And no-more on,off,on,off........ i'm back to 7-8MB/s on avrage, I get burst of up to 33MB/s but thats not really acurate laugh.gif dont think it would even be possible on a 100Mbit line.....

Anyhow I hope this helps to anyone that has this issue....  let me know if it worked for you as well cool.gif

Tantor_

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

Having a strange kinda problem. It seems that when i transfer directories with many small files the xbox seems to lock. Ftp transfer is ended. I can still telnet into my xbox though. This concearns when i'm using qwiz to upload iso games and also when i tried to transfer xbmc ver 1.1 to my box. Big files are no problem?

Have read the guide and have done all the right things.
Anyone having similar problems?
Running my xbox via a dlink 624+, also having my computer connected to it.
Not running wireless on any of them yet.

Plz help, kinda confusing

iamtheuser

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

Hate to do this, but I went through all the steps and troublr shooting, and this still doesnt work.  Here are the details.  I am connecting to the box with a crossover cable directly from my computer.  i have even tried several different crossovers.

The IP adresses are exactly what was posted in the first post.  When I try pinging 192.168.0.3, I get a "Request Times Out" error message.  I did the "/ping localhost" and that checked out just fine.  Shouldnt be a problem with the network card.  
I made sure that any firewalls were turned off.
Internet connection sharing is on.
Anyone want to take a shot at this?

Im running with a Xenium Ice chip and the EvoX dashboard.

Thank you in advance.

Presidan

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

Thank you Mr Robinson ! You are DA'MAN!
Yesterday i was a total noob. Today I,m a noob that can FTP in/out of his xbox. Thanks to your easy to follow tutorial. Keep it up

Presidan

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

MR ROBINSON : YOU DA'MAN!

Yesterday, i was a total noob. Today i'm a noob that can FTP in/out of his xbox thanks to your easy to follow most detailed tutorial. Worked on first attempt and got an average speed of 11 M's/sec.

Thanks again and keep up the good work

Killa_Ca

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »

Yea ive read this guide a couple times, i havent actually attempted it yet, but i was wondering, i have windows ME, so how can i change my IP, cause when i run "winipcfg", i am not able to do it,  OR is it you can change your IP when you cpu is connected to your xbox, sorry if this is a stupid question.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

Very nice work  beerchug.gif

BreakZ

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

sad.gif  I have been trying this for 2 days non-stop and I have gone all over the internet trying absolutely everything and I still can't connect to my xbox.
This is what I have:
1) X-box version 1.6 and I just got a modchip on it. When I Start it with the modchip on it has an Evo X on the top left of the screen. I Guess this is a Evolution-X dashboard? It looks just like the standard dash thow.
2) Hub
3) Computer with Windows XP
4) Flash FXP

Can somone please help me. The whole time when the guides ask me to change the xbox IP, I have bene going to
Options->Network Connections->IP address->Manual than I would enter in the IP. Is that the right way?

GigGleR

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

well, I love the guide and is is very helpful. But I'm still stuck sad.gif

I am using a brand new crossover cable to connect direct to my PC and using Evox Dash +3935. Every time I try to get Flash FXP to connect to my Xbox I get the following error after getting thru the standard FTP type login procedure....

[R] PORT 192,168,0,2,19,19
[R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.2:4883
[R] List Error

My PC I.P. is set 192.168.0.2 and my Xbox is set to 192.168.0.3

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8