xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Things You Must Know About The Xbox:  (Read 1315 times)

caiphn

• Archived User
Things You Must Know About The Xbox:
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

Very informative, thank-you for taking the time to put all that together.

tangles

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »

that answers a question or 2 good stuff

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (tangles @ May 11 2004, 01:25 PM)
that answers a question or 2 good stuff

Ahhhhhhh new blood!!! MWAHAHAHA!! muhaha.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (moistness @ May 11 2004, 12:52 PM)
Ahhhhhhh new blood!!! MWAHAHAHA!! muhaha.gif

Yep  wink.gif

XboxModder2K4

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 25 2003, 01:24 AM)

Likewise, there is no Dreamcast emulator, either, and probably won't be one. Anybody who claims this is lying to you.
----

Oh so wrong. A few years ago i saw an emulator for dreamcast, but u had to burn your own roms so i couldnt try it. sad.gif

XboxModder2K4

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Use linux then run windows emulator and then run dreamcast emulator and boom. Dreamcast emulator

enuf

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

And BOOM! 2fps!  Wahoo you'll be playing now.  Go ahead a try.. you might be lucky and get 3fps... or 4 with 128mb of ram.

BadAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »

very informative post

thanks.

if u dont mind i'll be ripping off the points in a text file and using them as random quotes on my site just like in mediaxmenu.com

drleephd

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

one more. I hear this one too d**m often.

•  Playing DVDs on your xbox will not burn out your laser.

Just like playing DVDs in your PC or home DVD Player won't burn it out. The drives are the same and lasers are usually rated for around 100,000hrs.
    (11.4 years non stop) you can count on your DVD motor burning out before your laser.

I don't know about ps2. old ones used sh1tty laser assemblies and burned out over time, can't say that it's from DVDs though, or if the new ones are better.
    I don't own a ps2.

ares-x-

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »

This was by far the best topic i've Read so far... if your just starting out... or a modding god/godlike person you can learn something from it and if you think you didnt your a liar...hehe   thanks ben jeremy for the topic

Heartbyte

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

Didnt awnser a primal questions :

do NTSC system (USA/CANADA) will play PAL games ?

Dozer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (Heartbyte @ Sep 23 2004, 09:33 PM)
Didnt awnser a primal questions :

do NTSC system (USA/CANADA) will play PAL games ?

I'm 100% noob and common sense and a guide or 2 told me (and would have told you) that a modded xbox will play any region of game.

gussy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 25 2003, 12:31 AM)
  • Wanna save your xbox and keep it running cool? This is VERY important, but I have NEVER heard it mentioned on this forum.

After you are done modding your xbox, or touching the MoBo, you should IMMEDIATELY use an ELECTRONICS BRUSH with ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL to clean the oil/grease from the components that was transferred from your fingers/skin.

You should make sure the CPU, the NVIDIA GPU chip and the CONEXANT chip are extra clean, as these are the chips that are most likely to burn out due to heat.

Oil from your skin causes "hot spots" on the chips, that will cause them to fail prematurely.

I just felt it was about time we had a post about this (since so many people are having overheating problems that are causing damage to their xbox.)

I also needed to get my CAPITAL LETTER fix for the day

taken from hardware/case modding

• The XBox is a part of you , if you destroy it you will die.  

• it is possible so far to run ONE thing only on an unmodded box, xb linux

• There are Seven versions of X-Box currently known about: Version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
     The actual motherboard changed with version 1.2 and again slightly with 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 models.
     As far as software goes, the BIOS RC4 keys changed with version 1.1, and remained the same afterward. "Dual Boot" BIOSes will work on any Xbox up to version 1.3.
    The 1.3 Xbox was the first "Anti-Mod" revision, removing the LFRAME signal of the LPC port. Newer 1MB Mod chips have reworked their LPC interface to get around this limitation. "CheapMods", however, will not work with versions 1.3 and later.
    The 1.4 Xbox is basically a 1.3 Xbox with a new TV Encoder (Focus chip), while the 1.5 is like the 1.4, except that further "anti-mod" measures have been taken, removing the Ground, 3.3V and 5V lines from the LPC port. The new encoder chip means that the old hacked BIOSes no longer work. It requires a newer hacked BIOS based on the 5101 BIOs (liek the Evo-X M7 BIOS)
    Furthermore, the v1.5 will require the user to get Ground, 3.3V, and 5V lines from elsewhere on the motherboard. 29-Wire modchips will still work, if they have the newer BIOSes.
    We are still figuring out the 1.6 Xbox. M$ seems to have integrated some functionality into two custom chips - the video encoder (do not confuse with GPU) is now the Xcalibur and the BIOS seems to have been placed into a "Xyclops" chip and is now loaded over the serial LPC Bus (like most mod chips). Several groups have had breakthroughs, and it looks like modding is possible, with about 5 more wires soldered onto the back of the motherboard.
    System Info for the first 1.6 found:
    K: 1.00.5838.01
    D: 1.00.5659.03

Go HERE for a guide to identifying your version.

• The Action Replay for Xbox only allows you to use "power saves" which are save games with certain features enabled. It does not work with codes.

• The Xbox does support a mouse, with the more recent XDKs. At this time, no commercial games support it, and there is NO POSSIBILITY that commercial apps or any homebrew apps can use a mouse unless the source code is available for homebrew developers to modify.

• There is no support for a keyboard in ANY commercial games. They cannot be 'patched' for this, either.  

• if you are running linux, the xbox does support a mouse and keyboard. Also, Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox supports a keyboard; MS is even giving away free controller port-to-usb adapters (you still pay for shipping).  

• When you first install your modchip, if the xbox boots 3 times and then flashes red and green (FRAG), then u most likely have no bios installed on the chip. MAke sure you put a bios on, and if it still FRAG's, then u possibly could have a bad chip!

• That an xbox can hurt you. if not properly used.
     He's tellin the truth on that one, I cut my finger on that magnetic shield metal located right underneath the top of the box's case. It was like a paper cut times 10. wasn't good

• Never touch the power supply when its plugged in, unless you like to see your body convulse.

Yeah, the old got caught up on the power supply trick, a quick warning to people
taking there x-box apart, call me a oh, s wanker, but iv been a tech for a long time and although not up on computer lingo and abbreviations ( god the abbreviations), but please be so carful holding the power supply when removing, theres the capacitor in there wich will put two nasty holes in your finger/hand, whichwill burn deep, and likely get infected, a paper cut is picnic compared to.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Dozer @ Oct 5 2004, 05:26 PM)
I'm 100% noob and common sense and a guide or 2 told me (and would have told you) that a modded xbox will play any region of game.

It's not a matter of region codes.  PAL and NTSC formats are completely different video signals.  A PAL XBox will need a serious mod to put out an NTSC video signal and vice versa.

tgeorgo

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 09:09:00 AM »

i think that with the enigma videomode switcher and a tv capaable of ntsc will get closer to the ntsc games, and they are cheaper and there are also soooo many offers in usa...

60 euros for HALO 1(!)

nice very nice topic, noobes all the way

I love being a noob there is so much to learn till you get a pro that makes you wanna be a noob for ever laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4