xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Have Region Free Dvd With Remote On A V1.1?  (Read 243 times)

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Can I Have Region Free Dvd With Remote On A V1.1?
« on: April 12, 2003, 04:10:00 AM »

Yes. The earlier dashboard work on the version 1.1 xboxs. I've only tried using the 4043 dashboard which works fine.

What you need
DVDX - version 1
MS Dash 4043

they are avaible in the usual places - cant give direct download links

You will also need
EvoX installed
FTP access

What to do
1> FTP into your xbox and copy the following files to somewhere safe: xboxdash.xbe, Memory2.xip and default.xip (your xbox dash maybe be named differently depending on how you installed and set everything up, for example - slayers will name it msxboxdash.xbe)

2> Copy xboxdash.xbe, Memory2.xip and default.xip from the MS 4034 dash to the root of your xboxs C: drive.

3> Alter your evox.ini file to make sure its pointing to the MSdash board for DVD playback:

DVDPlayer   = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
AudioPlayer   = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
MSDashBoard   = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"

4> Burn DVDx to a CDRW..or whatever media your drive can read properly (see here for help if you have trouble with doing this)

5> Boot off the DVDx CD you just made, it should patch the dashboard and tell you once it has. Remove the disc.

Thats it. I've only tried this on my PAL version 1.1 xbox to date, but see no reason why it will not work on any others. If anyone tries this on a 1.2, please post to confirm it works on them too.

Armand

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

I tried this and i couldn't get it to work. The dvdx disk reports an already patched or incorrect version.  Does anybody know how the patcher works ?

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

it searches for xboxdash.xbe on the root of C and patches it at a guess..you def got the 4043 dash on the root of C?

CyborgGamer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 08:24:00 AM »

If I apply this patch and play Xbox Live, Will it affect me?

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 02:21:00 AM »

i dont know about live, you could try putting the dash in its own dir and trying that. Live patches the dash doesnt it. So it wouldnt work straight off.

If you're still getting the 'dash not found' error with DVDX, try naming your ms dash to msxboxdash.xbe