xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Xbox Live Messed My Xbox!?!?!?  (Read 207 times)

neohusky

• Archived User
Help! Xbox Live Messed My Xbox!?!?!?
« on: January 11, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

I've got a similar problem with error 21.  Unfortunately I can't boot with CD?  I've got Slayers Boot disk and my system wont boot.  Does the Xbox have a boot sequence? ie CD then HD.  Because my just goes to error 21 even with a boot disk in the drive when resetting.

madhatter295

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

i had the same problem but have managed to sort it out. apparently xbox live didn't complete updating the ms dash and so the error 21. what u have to do is boot from a cdrw if possible or preferably a dvd r and then if you have your original hdd that came with the xbox, plug that into the xbox, boot evox, copy entire c to pc, plug in new hdd, boot with evox cd, get rid of these two folders xboxdashdata.... & xodash, then copy through ftp your original c drive then just copy evox to c and ure done

muldoonaz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

I had the same thing happen to me.  My xbox connected to Xbox live while the modchip was active, then when it tried to update the dashboard it fried the OS.  EvoX still boots fine without a CD, but I can't boot into the default Xbox dashboard anymore.

Is there any way I can replace the files on the C drive so that the default MS dashboard will load?  I lost my backup in a recent computer crash.  Can I replace it with an image of someone elses xbox?

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 03:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (muldoonaz @ Feb 2 2004, 10:05 PM)

Is there any way I can replace the files on the C drive so that the default MS dashboard will load?  I lost my backup in a recent computer crash.  Can I replace it with an image of someone elses xbox?

yes you can, i did that and it worked fine

gregkovac

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

I think the same thing happened to me.  The problem is no evolutionx disc works not even original games. And i canĀ“t connect to my xbox anymore. what can i do to make it work again?  

Cheerio

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 03:08:00 PM »

help help for the love of god help my "friend" updated EvoX dash, and its all messed! wwtf do i do?!?!?!?

well, this is easy. just boot it of CD. problem solved. :)

Cheerio

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »

shanafan writes:

Well once Live nukes your Xbox, you have to boot EvolutionX from CD. But, once that works, for those who want to not use a CD, they have to do some renaming.

Most people who get a nuked XBox from Live are probably running a non-flashable modchip and have xboxdash.xbe as their EvolutionX and MS dash as msxboxdash.xbe.

Once you can FTP successfully in, rename your xboxdash.xbe as msxboxdash.xbe (this is your MS dash), and transfer over EvolutionX's xbe as xboxdash.xbe from your PC.

That's it!

BTW, always keep your EvolutionX CD as a backup. It doesn't have to be always updated with the latest version, but just having EvolutionX on a CD is great because whenever you do get nuked, you can just repeat the above process. You still will have your evox.ini settings on your HD as you will never lose those unless you youself delete the file.

derekmasses

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

does anyone know the size of the original msdashboard is?

SRM

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

you can just use Slayer's EvoX Installer to boot then there's an option there to format the HD back to "retail"

just make sure you back up first then FTP and copy ur EvoX stuff back

jdsquire

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

I saw the 411 from "shanafan" on this and had a follow-up ... Xbox Live hosed my MSDashboard, I can't access it anymore. mad.gif

I used to run Evox but recently switched to Avalaunch ... anything different for Avalaunch as it relates to shanafan's info?

TIA!

jdsquire

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

It seems that Xbox Live has messed up my machine as well ...

I saw the info about what to do if you're running Evox ...

[Most people who get a nuked XBox from Live are probably running a non-flashable modchip and have xboxdash.xbe as their EvolutionX and MS dash as msxboxdash.xbe.

Once you can FTP successfully in, rename your xboxdash.xbe as msxboxdash.xbe (this is your MS dash), and transfer over EvolutionX's xbe as xboxdash.xbe from your PC.]

When I tried to enable XBL, I was using Evox ... just switched to Avalaunch with my Xecutor2 chip ... anything in particular I should try so that I can get MSdashboard to work again? Would be nice to be able to use the DVD drive that launches from there.

TIA