xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: M$ Still Banning?  (Read 482 times)

kurisu

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (brahm2 @ May 9 2004, 02:05 AM)
Technically yes - but that's only if you get sloppy and leave your modchip on while logging on.

If your upgraded hard drive is "locked" to your motherboard, you should have no problems going on Xbox Live with the modchip off. To quote shanafan's post about it:

I wanted to know if at this time it is still safe to go on Xbox Live with an upgraded hard drive. I do realize in order to boot the retail kernel I need to lock it (which I can/have through Xenium OS).

The reason for my concern i that I've heard people say that having larger hard drive will get you banned even if its locked. I realize there is tutorials and such but I wanted to hear the answer from a much more current source.

Thank you for your time  cool.gif

cgrumler

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

What does the error window say when you're banned from Live.  I just wanna make sure cuz it says that my settings MAY be off, but I'm also thinking that I've been banned.

hostile 17

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2003, 02:03:00 AM »

Once your are banned is there any way around it?

Xeero

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 08:39:00 PM »

You can purchase a new EEPROM.  When you do this, you do not purchase the EEPROM chip itself, but the key on it.  There is some risk to purchasing an EEPROM, because you do not have any defined guarantee that the seller will not sell it to other people or will not use it himself.  You're best of purchasing from people you trust and from people with good references.

Once you have the EEPROM data, you can use ConfigMagic to write it to the EEPROM in your motherboard.  This will effectively remove the ban on your Xbox, and you can then connect to Live with the same account.  This time, make sure your mod is OFF!!!  Many people recommend customizing your BIOS so you know if it's the retail or hacked BIOS - colormods, fastani, no ani...whatever.

brianforever

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »

very simple solution to unban ur xbox,

first if u just got banned, call or talk to MS(www.xbox.com) & tell them theres somthing wrong with ur set, not working on xbox live

& then they will ask u for ur particulars & will send u a CD to unban youself, Voila !!

The solution is so simple , but pp make it so complicated  

schampy1

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

first if u just got banned, call or talk to MS(www.xbox.com) & tell them theres somthing wrong with ur set, not working on xbox live

& then they will ask u for ur particulars & will send u a CD to unban youself, Voila !!

This seems very untrue I would NOT do this !!!

AFX

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (schampy1 @ Oct 12 2003, 10:02 PM)

This seems very untrue I would NOT do this !!!

Doesn't sound too far fetched.  Ever tried phoning MS for reactivating your Office/WinXP product key?  They give you the info no questions completely anonymously!  

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2002, 01:48:00 AM »

is M$ still banning modded xbox's on xbox live u ask?  YES                                    

Cheerio

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2002, 06:44:00 AM »

Yes; and as of now; how they are doing it us UNKNOWN.                                    

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2002, 08:13:00 PM »

If the first number of the second Y code is 6 your banned, just for newbs.                                    

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

Is it true or not? I think I just got banned.

I was using the software control features of the chameleon and selected "Boot from TSOP (Disable Chameleon)" It seemed to work and I even got on live and played last night. I selected the same option today and right when it got to the live dashboard it told me there was a problem. When I selected to troubleshoot it told me I was modified. This sucks.... they just charged me the 50 bucks (going through my account tomorrow.)

NeOnRaBbIt

• Archived User
M$ Still Banning?
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »

hey brianforever hav u actually done this?? i mean the reps. that answer the questions atleast i think know no more than i do but im sure they would know why ur banned by checking their computers or w/e an would be suspicious...after all wen u call they ask for ur name an sometimes serial numbers an if they send u a disc they know where u LIVE!!! they could sue ur ass for a bunch of money too...
Pages: 1 2 [3]