xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Is Evolution-x?  (Read 455 times)

mctrials23

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

someone correct me if im wrong but you want to have quick start on in the xenium menu and the other problem may be that your dvd drive cant recognise the media evox is on

hope this helps

X3rules

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (mattb @ Jan 7 2003, 01:17 AM)
How to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1) laugh.gif Don't forget Evolution X is a gateway into the world of software for Xbox. Without it, the person has no base to excel. Such examples include the ability to establish programs like boXplorer and xboxcopy. For extreme newbies trying to visualize this, look at it this way, the Evolution X program acts as the My Computer screen in Windows. Without this program, everything you know about other programs is null and void until you understand how to use this program and setup the ".ini" notepads. Remeber I'm just describing the purpose for these newbies friendly tutorials
1.Basic education here: Evolution X FAQ
2.Setup Guide:Evolution X setup!
3.Unless you have a DVD burner or don't want to go thru downsapling, you will go out and buy a harddrive like me or lose, so click here!If you want to make your own backups
4. If you still want to use your old MS dashboard!Link to MS dashboard guide!
5. If you bought the DVD player dongle for 40$ click hereHow to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1)
6. If you have a PC DVD drive and don't want to mess around with choosing the right brand of media, click hereHow to add a PC DVD to boot CD-R! Remeber this will probably be a temporary setup if you have a 80 gig HDD or up! This will only be used to boot the Evolution X for the first time if you are planning on launching games or Apps from your harddrive.
7. xISO creation is covered completly herexISO creation I recommend ISO maker for xISO creation, because it uses GDFI by MS. I recommend Blind Write for burning the ISO's, but beware, because it isn't covered in these forums.

"Evolution X program acts as the My Computer screen in Windows"  FINALLY I can visualize how it works.  Thank You.   (I can read shit all day about whatever, but until I get a visual I can't comprehend a frickn' thing)

acidred

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 01:36:00 AM »

I believe the reason is that this software is made using XDK, which is MS software and is licensed to them only.

MaTRoN

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

Its V1.8.3285  

vidgms4me

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

Now, the current is 1.8.3752

M3_DeL

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

So now you getting excited to see what your Xbox can really do! This is a great program to start with. EVOLUTION-X!!!

note: DO NOT ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM ANYWHERE IN THE FORUMS AS IT IS AN ILLEGAL PROGRAM< AND WE DON"T DO ILLEGAL THINGS HERE! THIS IS JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES!

Whew had to get that off of my chest. Actually I think there is a FAQ on wher to find software for the Xbox, try a search for it tongue.gif

"Ok so get to the point already!!!!!!" this is what you are thinking right now most likely so I will move right along with...... This program will change your Xbox experiance altogether. You will be able to do things you were never able to before. Here is a list of what you can do with this program.

1. You can play games directly off of your HD.

2. You will be able to utilize a larger HD. (This is only possible if you have a bios that supports a larger HD such as Evo-X 2.5, Executor, etc.)

3. You will be able to remotely debug your Xbox. (Don't worry about this at this point!)

4. Evolution-X (also known as Exo-X) primary function is to turn your Xbox into a FTP server so that you can connect to it via a FTP client from your PC or MAC.

5. Evo-X replaces your existing dashboard.

6. Evolution-X the application is different from Evolution-X the bios. Bioses are listed as versions 2.4, 2.5, etc whereas the app is labeled 1.8.2xxx, 1.8.4xx, etc

Well this became not so brief but I hope it helps. other FAQ's should be or are already posted that will explain how to utilize this program. This is just so you can get a brief understanding of what this program is. Cheers and have fun!!!!

-M3

M3_DeL

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2002, 12:21:00 PM »

Just a note.

Evolution-X 1.8.2xxx is newer than 1.8.4xx

This is decieving yes but it is the truth. i believe the newest version is 1.8.2182 or somewhere along those lines.

Good day                                    

BenJeremy

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2002, 02:40:00 PM »

Well, for future posterity, those curious should go to the Evo-X web site: Evolution-X and select "Releases".

As of today's post, 1.8.2182 is the current release.

danovich

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

EvoX latest version is now 3921

NeOnRaBbIt

• Archived User
What Is Evolution-x?
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

now its the 3935
Pages: 1 [2]