xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Am I Ready?  (Read 188 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Am I Ready?
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »

Yes. I believe 5003 was the last version of that bios, so unless you've chosen that version for a specific reason, I would go with the newest.

To answer your question, you are all set. Just remember to place the ind config file on the root of C or E (I forget which, so I usually throw a copy on both partitions) and then use Evox to flash.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Am I Ready?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »

you might not be able to use evox, if you have a winbond TSOP chip you will need to use raincoat or eurasia to flash

also, have a boot disc ready to rebuild your C:\ drive, as the softmod will be unable to boot on a non-stock bios

lordvader129

• Archived User
Am I Ready?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »

make sure you have a dashboard in place that the IND config will boot rather than booting C:\xboxdash.xbe and you should be able to remove the softmod after flashing

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Am I Ready?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

The xbox, in it's softmodded state, will still boot as long as the DVD drive logic board is connected. So, start it up and just ftp a copy of your evox dash to C and rename it to evoxdash.xbe. When that is done, open your ind config file in a text editor and make sure there is an identically named listing for that executable in your ind config so the bios knows the dash name and where it is located.

Toward the bottom of the config file, edit the first dash entry so it says C:/evoxdash.xbe
You now have a dash for your new bios to boot after it has been flashed to the TSOP.

Ta2dwez

• Archived User
Am I Ready?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

Thanks for your help guys, im not going to try just yet as im now looking at my files and they all seem to be in strange places?  In E:/ there is a default.xbe and evoxdash.xbe.  As mentioned earlier i have to copy NOT move evoxdash.xbe to C:/. The IND config file already says that DASH1 is evoxdash.xbe

anything else i need to look out for before trying this?

wish me luck!