xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Am I Ready To Flash...  (Read 170 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »

Depends on what version of raincoat your gamesave contains. If it is v0.5, it will flash when it is executed. If it is 0.7. you will need to use telnet to issue the commands to the xbox from a PC. In windows 7, telnet may be disabled by default. To enable it go to the control panel (category view) and then select programs. Then select
Programs and Features. On the left, select "turn windows features on and off". When the window pops up, select the check box for telnet client.

When you hear the sounds on your xbox go to your computer and change IP address to 192.168.0.1. Telnet to your Xbox using IP 192.168.0.64. Login with root and password xbox. To get the raincoat directory, "cd /media/E/UDATA/4d520017/62D648EBF155/raincoat" (without quotes). copy the raincoat config, "cp raincoat.conf /etc/raincoat.conf", and backup the current/original bios, "./raincoat -r originalbios.bin".

Flash the TSOP with the raincoat flash utility with "./raincoat -p bios.bin". Once this is done, get the AID 4.52 ISO and burn it to a DVD. Boot that on the xbox and use it to install the dashboard of your choice. I recommend either UnleashX or XBMC.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »

Yeah there are only 2 points on the winbound. There are other simpler ways to flash a Winbound TSOP. One is a Eurasia Disk the other is a raincoat save which you just launch and it flashes the tsop. The Raincoat save is a Splinter Cell save (actually its 2 files) but you can ftp it in the xbox and put it in the udata folder and in one of the folders there is a bios.bin you just replace that with the bios you wanna use and then use a file browser navigate to the default.xbe in one of the save files launch that and sit back and watch it do all the work. If you want to use that save file let me know and I will get the details for it and let you know.

othersider

• Archived User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

If your talking about the ' splintercellsave_with_evox_raincoat' they have 2 files.Which I followed this This tutorial on preparing and used A xbox controller and memory card through action replay to get on to the console that I'm trying to flash.By all means If you have another solution on how to flash this winbound chip then I would greatly appreciate It....

Can you just clear this up for me as well please as talk about 'ftp ing it in the xbox' keeps coming up,I'm not missing anything out am I,If I have use of an xbox controller through action replay and the original memory card this whole ftp way this not needed right?

In the mean time I'm going to check the solder points again,try and flash It once checked and I''m not going to do anything else until I get your reply.Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »

I am gonna check later and make sure thats the right one. but if you can put the saves on a memory card thats fine too.

othersider

• Archived User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

It's the soldering of the points that are killing me,I know It. The scratch brush isn't helping either,I just need to make the points clearer and I should be able to figure the rest out

othersider

• Archived User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »

not to worry mate,The scartch brush just made it worse and when I turned the board back on it's not turning on,maybe I went to deep but I wasn't getting a clear enough point.LEARNING EXPERIANCE.

I will be attemping another one,soon.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

Yeah I should have said earlier that some one else had that same error code using raincoat and it wasnt the solder points. I have only had 4 hrs sleep so my brain isnt working right now. If its not turning on you had to do something other then use that scratch brush to much. Check all the connections on the xbox and make sure everything is plugged in and plugged in the right way. Also make sure you didnt know something off. Normally it will come on but not boot correctly if the motherboard is damaged.

othersider

• Archived User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

Yeah It was something like that,trying to boot,turn't on but turn't straight back off,no green light,red light.I've binned It anyway,I know It's dead,Just brought A new motherboard of ebay going to try again with that one.

Once I get the other board I'm going to do the appropiate soldeing for that tsop and try again,might have to ask a few questions about what bios I can use for the tsop, but the whole proccess Is a lot more clearer to me now.This motherboards tsop doesn't look like a windbound.What do you think....Check here

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

yeah get a ohm meter and check the connections on the new mother board that way.

othersider

• Archived User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

How will I tell as even If the points are not spot on I should still get a reading shouldn't I?

I'm going to get A Magnifying glass though.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Am I Ready To Flash...
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »

The closest you will get to knowing your soldering is correct is to use a multimeter set on resistance. You will get a 0.00 reading if your joints are good.

EDIT: Some meters (such as mine) will also beep on dead shorts. This allows for "no look" testing.