xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flash Help (ind 5003, Or X2 5035)  (Read 93 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Tsop Flash Help (ind 5003, Or X2 5035)
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »

This has got me puzzled pretty good. Weird problem you have here. It is almost as if, somehow your "Virtual C" from your previous softmod is still being loaded but I wouldn't think so.

I would try turning off any firewalls you may have running while ftp'ing to the xbox.

You could also try using a jump/key drive to transfer an ini file to the xbox HD to see if it becomes corrupted that way.

Another idea you can try is alternating the dashboard that is running when you ftp into the xbox, like ftp with evox running as the dash, zap a file over, and if corrupt, boot to unleashX and try again, Just to rattle off a few things off the top of my head that I would try in your spot.

For the most part, your problem doesn't sound TSOP related. It may just be coincidence that it is happening on your first (or latest) attempt.

Hope this helps, and be sure to let us know if you get the problem figured out.

GISJason

• Archived User
Tsop Flash Help (ind 5003, Or X2 5035)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »

Good work around is don't install EvoX, and yeah you may want to use that Slayers Disc to install / restore C:/ with the M$ dash files as some appz & games may rely on these dashboard files.

Issues your having in no way has to do with the TSOP flashed Bioses. ind5003 & X2 can boot fine without config files setup on the xbox for them. Sometimes using 3rd party config editors  for these bioses can mess it up but not to the point where it's not gonna work / or hose the box..So just be sure your using the right editor or whatever app you use to make your ind & X2 .config files....I'd just format the HDD and start all over again and nicely prep the HDD.Then finally start customizin' the BIOS the way I want it and Since your on a v1.0 Xbox TSOP in that box is a nice sized one, I'd go with X2 5032 right away and then use their X2Config Editor app and make a nice config for it to stick on E:\ then you'll have a sweet box in no time!

TSOP Flashing is fun you'll start to like it better than your softmods ;-)

Have fun!