xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashed Cromwell. How To Go Back?  (Read 126 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Flashed Cromwell. How To Go Back?
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

I did something similar once before. I flashed a linux loader rom (basically the same thing as cromwell) to my tsop. It was a bitch to get it right
again. What you need to get is something called the eurasia flash disc. I think it is the only thing that can save you now without buying a chip. Google should help you find it. Burn it to a CD-RW very slow.

I am a little fuzzy as to whether the disc booted or not, I can't remember. If it doesn't boot, then you will need to try option 2.

You can extract the eurasia flash disc ISO and put those files on your xbox HD (on the root of E Drive) so when your cromwell starts up you can select the FATX icon and boot eurasia.

Hope this helps

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

1. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=349403 confirms xboxmods2977's approach. EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.3
2. The second option: Gentoox Resctoox

kolosus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »

Thanks xboxmods2977 & ldotsfan.

You guys gave me the idea that I need to do a frugal install to my hdd and then boot from there. I didn't use the eurasia flash disk that you suggested. I used xdsl because it was at hand. Once booted into the gui I used raincoat from the command line to reflash the TSOP with the original bios.bin file.

Its all up and at it again. Next week I'll flash my 1.0 with ST TSOP again. This time hopefully with something that'll enhance my xbox/xbmc experience rather than almost brick my box!