xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Weird Bricked Tsop Boot Error  (Read 188 times)

pumpkinman

• Archived User
Weird Bricked Tsop Boot Error
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

So i attempted to flash my Tsop and the power went out during. Anyway power comes back on and i attempt to turn on the Xbox hopping for a miracle, but none to be found. However im curious if anyone has had this happen after a bad Tsop flash:

I push the power button, the xbox begins to boot up for 0.2 seconds then stops

Without pushing anything, it then trys to boot again. - same result as above.

it then attempts a third time and stays turned on. with no video output and the eject button alternates green/red.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »

ThatÂ’s called a frag and its standard for a bad flash.  Xbox was never very forgiving with this type of mistake.  I only know of one fix, and that is to install a 29 wire modchip with a switch.  This basically installs an alternative tsop, then y ou can switch it off to reflash.  I use devilmod, was made specifically for this type of mistake.

pumpkinman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »

thanks for the quick reply, im curious will a standard modchip just override Xbox's tsop or does it need to be the 29 pin thing.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(pumpkinman @ Dec 5 2009, 01:13 AM) View Post

thanks for the quick reply, im curious will a standard modchip just override Xbox's tsop or does it need to be the 29 pin thing.

You have to use the 29 wire modchip because the other ones just patch the tsop.  Sorry..I know it sucks.  I had 3 days of solder sickness after putting that sob on.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »

What version is the xbox? If it is a 1.0/1.1, it may be possible that the first quadrant could have been completed during flashing. I would try the 3 wire trick. If it boots, you could reflash the whole TSOP again.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Dec 5 2009, 02:25 AM) View Post

What version is the xbox? If it is a 1.0/1.1, it may be possible that the first quadrant could have been completed during flashing. I would try the 3 wire trick. If it boots, you could reflash the whole TSOP again.

a link on how to do this is in my sig

also, if you are just looking to be able to boot, not necessarily repair the TSOP, any modchip will work, but a 29-wire chip is required to repair the TSOp (if the 3 wire trick doesnt work)

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

This is kind of off topic but is similar- I had a bad flash on an xbox of mine and it won't boot iND-BIOS for some reason beyond me. It turns on and the power led turns orange (like its set to) and there is no video on screen and no response to anything whatsoever. Would I be able to use a modchip to override my bad flash then reflash it or is a 29-wire modchip the only hope?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »

to reflash 29 wire is the only way, but a regular LPC chip will boot the xbox, you just wont be able to to disable or remove it

ant_thomas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »

Seems I've just managed to brick mine with the issue too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Good job I don't actually need the XBox and was just messing to make some sort of XBox Linux based system.

ant_thomas

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

Does anyone think the 3wire trick will work?

I flashed a 256k BIOS onto a v1.4 TSOP, the flash seemingly went well and the xbox turned off when it was supposed to.

Is there any way to recover this without a modchip?

Edit : The bios was the X2-4977 off the Slayers EvoX Auto Installer CD 2.5

This post has been edited by ant_thomas: Feb 8 2010, 08:24 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

No. the 3 wire trick only works on 1.0/1.1 Xboxes because they have 1MB TSOP chips. You need to fit a modchip.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

4977 is not compatible with 1.4, there is no way to fix without a modchip. 29 wire to repair the TSOP, LPC if you just want to get it booting again, i recommend an LPC chip, xboxes really arent worth the effort of a 29 wire repair anymore unless you are specifically looking for a challenge, lol

ant_thomas

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 03:07:00 AM »

Fantastic! haha!

Well I have a modchip but can't find the switch board for it which is very annoying.

I guess if I want to sort it it might mean buying a new modchip but then again buying a 2nd hand XBox is cheaper.

I guess this one will have to be put to rest.