xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My First Tsop Flash - Will Not Boot To Dashboard - Hangs At Xbox Logo  (Read 147 times)

Trebz

• Archived User

Hi All

I've been tinkering again.

I needed to strip out an X2.6 from a Vs 1.2 Xbox so i opted to set it up with a TSOP flash after removing the chip.

I have managed to flash the TSOP with the Slayers 2.7 disk. I completed the following process:

1. I built a clean HDD with the latest MS Dash version.

2. Completed the 007 Splinter Cell softmod.

3. Installed EvoX as a dash.

4. Flashed the TSOP using Slayers 2.7 - Option: 7b2) Flash Mod or v1.0-1.5 TSOP w/ EvoX-M8 *FC* F

I then re booted the Xbox minus the Slayers disk. It boots to a Blue Xbox logo with the 'EvoX' notifier in the top left hand corner. It also shows 'Slayers 2.7' below the xbox logo. This tells me that the M8 BIOS TSOP flash was a success.

It does not boot to any dashboard at this point, it simply hangs at the xbox logo.

I then re booted to the Slayers disk and installed XBMC as a dash followed by a re boot. It still hung at the Xbox logo.

Next i FTP'd into the Xbox vie the Slayers disk to check that the xboxdash.xbe and evoxdash.xbe were present on the C:\. Both files are present.

I then installed the 'Using the Team XBMC Shortcut.xbe (Recommended)' as shown here: http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_for_Xbox I amended the .CFG file to redirect it to my XBMC 'Default.xbe' but this does not work either.

Im now stuck. The dash .XBE files are there so why does the M8 BIOS not boot to the .XBE files?

Thanks in advance guys.

Trebz

This post has been edited by Trebz: Nov 22 2009, 12:39 PM

Trebz

• Archived User
My First Tsop Flash - Will Not Boot To Dashboard - Hangs At Xbox Logo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »

Just be sure...

I have just copied both the xboxdash.xbe and the evoxdash.xbe files to the root of the E:\.

This didn't change anything, the Xbox still hangs on the Xbox logo / splash screen.

I also copied the bios.bin from the C:\Backup folder to my PC, opened the bios.bin with Evtool and all of the options and dashboard paths were greyed out.

Does this mean that the M8 bios from the Slayers disk is bad or incorrectly configured?

I guess i should try building my own M8 bios.bin and flash that to the TSOP......?

This post has been edited by Trebz: Nov 22 2009, 03:46 PM

Trebz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »

Ok........

After sitting here reading forum posts... a LOT....for the last hour or so...

I just re flashed the TSOP using the Slayers disk, this time i flashed the TSOP with:

7b6) Flash MOD or v1.0-1.5 TSOP w/ X2-4981.06 EVX *FC*

It's still the same.

It just isn't seeing the .xbe files im guessing.....

I am confident that the flashing process is fine so i am going to re build the HDD from scratch, this time with the Slayers disk instead of the AID disk.....

This post has been edited by Trebz: Nov 22 2009, 05:24 PM

Trebz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

I did it.

I re built the HDD with the Slayers disk using the complete re built for upgraded hard drives.

The Xbox then re booted to the Evox dashboard.

I then copied XBMC accross to the E:\ (my preffered area for XBMC).

It was then a simple case of copying the shortcuts provided by Team XBMC (shown above) to the F:\. I obviously re named the original .xbe file to [filename]_ORIGINAL.xbe

Up and running with XBMC as the dashboard.

Boot time is super fast in comparison to my other Xbox's which all have X2.6 chips in them

Thanks for all the help guys ;-)    

x