xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox 1.0 Tsop First Flash Guidance Needed  (Read 314 times)

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
Xbox 1.0 Tsop First Flash Guidance Needed
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:41:00 PM »

ok guys here goes and please hang with me..

so I went to a local swap meet today and found an xbox for 5 bucks.. so you know I snapped it up.. brought it home plugged it in and boom works like a charm!..

well I already have 2 xbox's going but none older than a 1.6... well I went ahead and opened her up and to my amazement she is a 1.0 thank god..

well here is my issue I have never attempted or needed to flash a bios as my other 2 boxes just run xbmc for movies music etc in my living room and bedroom..

I used my only 2 lockable drives I had for those 2 boxes and now I have none left for this beauty..

I'm sitting on a large pile of nicely sized drives I would love to use for it.. so the real question is simple ..

what version bios should I use the disables the hard drive lock check or is there one avail?

and what bios is the best to choose in terms of my xbox being more "open" meaning the bios with the most options to let me play with..

I have read this a 1meg bios chip so what bios is best for the chip? it's not a sharp chip just so you know.. I have already soldered the 2 points I need to and the xbox is back together and I'm in the process of doing the intermediate softmod to allow me to flash the bios to open it up. just stuck on what version I should go with... any help would be awesome.

***edit***
just an added point I don't want to use or have a modchip. one bios is plenty for me. and is there one that disables the dvd drive check as well as I want to slim my xbox down a bit and get rid of the dvd drive altogether.

This post has been edited by theevilhacker63: Yesterday, 04:45 AM

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 10:56:00 PM »

Ok update I got a little ahead of myself and went ahead and flashed X2_5035 to it.. the flash went fine.. since I did a convoluted way of soft modding my box I think the default config file for the bios cant find anything to boot and on top of that I'm getting no video on my screen.. I know the xbox is still at least partially working as I can hear the boot up sounds and all but I don't hear xbmc load up or anything.
but if I insert a game it does load and play still no video but hey at least I know the xbox is still alive!.

so what course of action should I take ? maybe 3 wire trick or is that now out of the question?

or should I just try and unlock the HDD and load up xplorer360 and modify the config file? any help right now is welcome.

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

I'm beginning to believe my mistake was bigger than I thought from what I'm reading ..

I was completely unaware that there are 2 versions of X2_5035 one for 1.6 chipped boxes and the other for 1.0-1.5 am I right? I'm not sure what version I got but by what I have going on I'm thinking it's a 1.6 version.

so is there a way to recover from this.. 3 wire trick is a no go.. I heard something of a "bios disk" any idea on that? xbox will still boot media but since I cant see the screen how would I go about doing anything?

or is the only way to fix it is to buy a modchip or buy a programmer and reflash the chip?

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 12:18:00 AM »

I hate to keep replying to my own thread but it's late and I don't think anyone is reading any of this tonight but maybe in the morning if all the info is there maybe someone can help me out..

I took a shower and had a brain storm on how to maybe fix this.. well I came up with a plan.. since I have 2 other xbox's "1.6" all three of these is hacked the same way meaning they all have the same software running on them same amount of everything. so all the menus will be exactly like the other..

ok i shall try and unlock the hard drive, boot into windows load up xplorer360 and modify the config file to point to my xbmc dash board since it's currently not booting anything..
then load the hard drive back in the xbox and let it load up hopefully it boots into xbmc... still no video but if i can manage to get xbmc to load I might be ok..

so what next..

well.. ftp into the xbox and replace the bios file and config with either a stock bios or another working hacked bios.. then I just mimic what I do on one controller on the other "no video" xbox until I get into evox and then flash bios menu.. all blindly done.. and hopefully I can get the xbox to just reflash the bios and let it shut down and power it back on.... please I hope that makes sense to any of you guys to me it does anyway.

if there is an easier way without having to buy something please tell me I'm all ears.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »

If it still boots disks, try the eurasia pro flash disk available xbins. You won't have to touch any menus, you just boot up with the disk, insert the bios disk, and then your xbox will shut off once the TSOP has been flashed (hopefully right this time). I need to go to bed too, hopefully you can get this working tomorrow  wink.gif

zx6r6

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:04:00 AM »

Being as you don't have video, with eurasia you don't touch ANYTHING on the xbox other than putting the bios cd in when it opens the drawer. Don't even hit the open/close drawer button! There's a 30 second delay between each part of the process so be patient. I think the whole process takes no more than 3-4 minutes. When the disk drawer opens for the 2nd time remove the disk and leave it again, shortly after it'll switch off and hopefully you'll be good to go!

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »

You don't know how grateful I am right now thank you...

so before I do anything else to make things worse.. is there a specific version of eurasia I'm supposed to use since I have a version 1.0 xbox with an ST-M29F080A flash chip?

and it's a two step process right so I assume any version would maybe work since the second cd is just the bios file correct? if not please advise I really don't want to brick this thing.. I didn't even have the thing for more than 5 hours before I messed it up..

so if for some reason this doesn't work.. what are my options? ..buy a modchip or a flash programmer I assume ?
I'm not really all that into a modhchip as with a flash programmer has more of a use for my money. what flash programmer would you suggest I get if all else fails.

zx6r6

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »

I've used eurasia 1.3 to flash all mine, its not version specific. 2nd cd contains the bios file (named bios.bin), I usually chuck a small movie or something on there aswell as (apparently) this helps with cd compatibility.

Have faith, it'll work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by zx6r6: Yesterday, 04:32 PM

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 08:41:00 AM »

ok small hitch for some reason the disk is not popping out.. I burned version 1.3 popper it in and booted her up...I can hear the dvd drive  spin up and what I guess is the laser reading the disk but it never pops out.. so what next?

is there a button I need to hit on the controller ? I know you guys said I don't need to touch anything so that's why I'm stumped.
is the disk just supposed to pop out at some point or what? and how long should I give the machine to do it's thing?

or do you think it's a media problem.. I can try and burn it to a dvd if that will help..

zx6r6

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 08:58:00 AM »

You don't touch anything. Did you burn to cdrw? See if your 1.6 xbox reads it.

This post has been edited by zx6r6: Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »

What is your DVD drive version? Some of them have problems reading different media, and since most version 1.0 xboxs came with a Thompson drive you may need to switch media or find another DVD drive

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »

sorry for the late reply... I had to run out for a bit...

to the questions about the drive.. nope it's a samsung I had one lying here in hopes I would come across a 1.0 to hold onto.. I'll try and put the disk in my 1.6 and see if she boots it.. .
if it doesn't I'll burn it to a dvd or another type of cd-rw..

any other suggestions ?

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »

***update***

Ok I tried the disk in my 1.6 boxes and no go.. to be fare there both running Thompson drives..

so my next move is to burn to dvd or go and buy some different cd-rw's...

I'm not giving up on this .. so if you guys have any thing else I can try tonight please post it.

zx6r6

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »

If it won't read burned media you'll have to remove the hard disk and copy files via your pc. I imagine the easiest way would be use a game exploit and flash by telnet. An alternative would be to copy evox and associated files to e but modify the .ini to make navigating the menu easier as you'll be working blind.

There may be an easier way but I've got a steaming headache and can't think straight sad.gif
Time for bed I think.

theevilhacker63

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »

ok i found some recordable media that my drive must like.. it took the eurasia disk fine and read it.. after a few seconds the jewel turns orange.. and the after about a minute the disk ejects.. i pop in my bios disk and i hear it read the disk..

then about 30-45 seconds later it ejects the disk?? is this right ? or is it supposed to reboot.. since I cant see my screen I'm afraid to turn it off to see if it did anything. problem is it keeps ejecting the disk every minute or so .. does that mean it didn't read the bios disk and its looking for another?
Pages: [1] 2