xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Connect With Raincoat  (Read 72 times)

1337 pig

• Archived User
Can't Connect With Raincoat
« on: December 07, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

I got everything ready and i boot up raincoat off splintercell and it shows tux and i hears the sounds and everything but when i type "telnet 192.168.0.64" without quotes in the cmd and hit enter and it doesnt connect. I followed the raincoat tut perfectly but this step isnt working. I have a 1.4 with a winbond tsop. Could someone help help me?
thx

dedzombie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

make sure the computer your trying to connect with is in the same address range.

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(dedzombie @ Dec 8 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

make sure the computer your trying to connect with is in the same address range.

thanx for the replies but i dont know what u mean by that dedzombie

here is my settings and what i type in cmd
http://i133.photobuc...tersettings.jpg
http://i133.photobuc...coatconnect.jpg

IPB Image
IPB Image

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

Alright i got it working. All I did was try eurasia again(it never worked before because I couldnt click the thing that said flash with eurasia)and i noticed I couldnt click it because I had forgot the other gamesave that came with it. So i copied that to my UDATA and ftped the bios in there and it all was good. I tried a couple bios to see which one I liked best. First I tried iND-BiOS.5003 and I thought it was cool, but I wanted to use linux(and i thought u needed cromwell) so I flashed cromwell and boy was that a mistake. I didnt know how to undo it but I remembered I used a douX 2 gs once white and it had cromwell on it and I said something about eurasia pro flash or something. So i already had that on my computer and I burned it a couple times because I could get it to load then finally it loaded and I flashed m8+ evox thing to it. Then I didnt like that so I re-flashed iND-BiOS.5003 with eurasia and I installed xbmc as default dash and now it's all good biggrin.gif I got that gentoox loader xbe file and Im dling the home edtion right now and then I'll try and boot it. But  for now its all good biggrin.gif

EDIT: o and another thing. When i use cromwell I burned the flash disc and the bios disc was still going and the flash one told me to put in the bios cd but I just turned off the xbox, turned it back on and it said something like display problem. Now I was scared to DEATH uhh.gif . Tried again and still nothing, I thought I corrputed my TSOP but then I tried another thing. I plugged in just the power and by the way the front LEDs went it looked like it booted, so I plugged in the a/v and it started. Super close call right there.