xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flashed Tsop, But Can't Understand Whats Going On.  (Read 178 times)

okayama

• Archived User
Flashed Tsop, But Can't Understand Whats Going On.
« on: May 01, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

OK, I started off with a v1.0 xbox, 1mb Tsop. The Tsop had been flashed previously with EvoxM7 bios. I don't believe I have the Sharp Tsop. I have the same as the picture below. I even has the same sticker on the chip. I peeled the sticker off and Sharp wasn't written anywhere on the chip. Is this in fact the Tsop?
user posted image

I started off getting a copy of X2 bios, added the 137gig patch and changed the xbox boot colors from green to red. I also change the xbox led from green to red. I copied the hash and added to my evox.ini. Now this was a 256k bios. I then ran FLASH XFLASHX from my xbox dash.

I thought I knew what I was doing, but undoubtedly I didn't. I only selected the 1st bank and flashed with the new X2 257k bios. I left the other 3 banks as is. I soon realize, I should have done some more reading. The flash completed just fine until I powered my xbox on and off. I got the infamous red and green lights. I figured an easy fix would be to split the tsop, so I have four different banks on the Tsop to boot from. I do the mod requiring 2 SPDT switches and throw the switch depending on which bank I want to boot. Now my xbox boots just fine, with solid green lights on three banks, and one bank my xbox has a solid red light (X2 bios with red light enabled instead of green). I'm also able to FTP to my xbox and see all the files on the hard drive.

Now my problem is, I have no Audio or Video. I figured I had the Sharp Tsop, but from what I can tell. My Tsop isn't a Sharp. So now I'm stuck. Where do I go, or what do I do now.

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

I now have more to add to the story. I made a Evox boot disk only containing the flash bios option. I only had one bios in the bios folder "Evox M8 1mb" I added the hash to the evox.ini file. I then attempted the blind bios flash. I booted off a working 256k bank. Then removed the wires from the switch so that the xbox would see the entire 1mb tsop rather than 256k. I hit A button twice (about 10 secs in between), then the Y button. I waited about a minute and the xbox didn't power off, so I go get a Pepsi. When I return, the xbox is powered off. I then try to boot to the full 1mb Tsop rather than the 256k. The xbox booted just fine off the full 1mb bios.

BUT STILL,  no audio or video.

Please, Please, Please, help.......................................

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

try the ntsc/pal video switch disk it might be in pal mode and not ntsc

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

I tried the ntsc/pal "video_select_v2_enigmah-x" disk. First loaded on my 2nd v1 xbox and went through to see what buttons need to be pressed. Then loaded on my problem xbox, but no luck. Somebody's got to know how to fix this, or atlest somethings to check like the ntsc/pal disk.

Please, Please, Please, send help..................!

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

I now know my Tsop brand, which I don't guess matters now since I'm able to flash the Tsop with no problems.

ST (STMicroelectronics)

FIXMYXBOX.com

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »

So, the box appears to be booting up by the looks of the power button? But no audio-video? is that what your saying?

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »

Yes, the xbox power light is normal upon booting. solid at first, then blinks for a few secs, and then goes back to solid (same as my other two v1.0 xboxs which are working fine). So the power light while booting is normal and correct. I know the xbox is working, because I'm able to ftp and run software on it, such as the Evox dash disk I made with only the flash bios option available in the menu to flash EvoxM8 bios. I know the flash worked because at first, one of my Tsop banks bios had the red power light enable instead of green. After I blindly ran the Evox dash and reflashed the Tsop with evox M8 bios, all four banks have solid green power lights instead of one bank being red power light.

The only problem I'm having is, there is no audio or video. I've tried three different AV cords and two TV, with the same results. I know 100%, I do not have a Sharp TSOP. I have a ST (STMicroelectronics) Tsop.

I've been reading here more and noticed something about the evox.ini file. Your supose to update the hash, example----
ROM      = "Evox M8",0xaa4d0820b932009090f780f0ee1d1b1c
Note:(I have the correct hash for my bios)

I also notice below where you add the hash is another area called Flash. Mine looks like this.
Flash      = 0x01d5,"AMD - Am29F080B",0x100000
Flash      = 0x04d5,"FUJITSU - MBM29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0xadd5,"Hynix - HY29F080",0x100000
Flash      = 0x20f1,"ST - M29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
#Flash      = 0x378c,"AMIC - A29002",0x40000
Current      = 0xc349c2b047a3d6c2de2e1c10185ecf86

I saw in another post on the forums while doing a search, theres lots more I could add to  my evox.ini. In that post, my Tsop brand had all these in his list.
ST (STMicroelectronics)
user posted image
This chip will flash with EvolutionX and Raincoat. No special instructions required.
CODE
Flash = 0x20b0,"ST M29F002T/NT/BT/BNT",0x40000
Flash = 0x2034,"ST M29F002B/BB",0x40000
Flash = 0x20d3,"ST M29F200BT",0x40000
Flash = 0x20d4,"ST M29F200BB",0x40000
Flash = 0x20e2,"ST M29F040 series",0x80000
Flash = 0x20d5,"ST M29F400T/BT",0x80000
Flash = 0x20d6,"ST M29F400B/BB",0x80000
Flash = 0x20f1,"ST M29F080 series",0x100000
Flash = 0x20ec,"ST M29F800DT",0x100000
Flash = 0x2058,"ST M29F800DB",0x10000

Could this be causing my problem if I don't have all of these codes listed in my Evox.ini files while flashing. My guess would be, if I didn't have the right (Flash = code) in my Evox.ini file. Then it wouldn't flash in the first place, But thats just a guess.

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

Well I reflashed the Tsop with the added code for (Flash) in my evox.ini. No changes. Xbox still boots fine and have FTP access. No Audio or Video.

I can't beleive no one else has had this problem. I've ran out of ideas, please some one give me some more advise.

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

More info to add. I don't believe the Tsop is at fault here. The reason is, I just reflashed the Tsop again with a 1mb Evox V2.6 bios. I change the power led to orange so I would know the Tsop flashed correctly. I used my EvoX boot disk with only "flash bios" in the menu available. Did my blind flash again. Once my Xbox powered off, I rebooted it and now my power light is orange (also still access to FTP).

So my Tsop flashes are working fine. This whole problem started when I originally had the Tsop flashed with a 1mb Evox M7 bios (which was working fine). After I used FlashX to flash my 1st Tsop bank with a 256K bios, I've lost all my audio and video. Even though I didn't touch the last 3 banks originally. I still lost all audio and video on all four banks.

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif I NEED HELP! ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »

Man its funny how I'm the only one posting here.
I'm now 100% sure the Tsop is fine. I finally got around to installing a modchip in the xbox, and the modchip show the same outcome. So I need to start looking in another direction.

We know the problem started when I attempted to flash the Tsop (only the 1st bank with 256k). Lets say I used a X3 bios. Would that cause this problem? I'm sure it was a X2 bios, but if I'm wrong and I indeed flashed my v1.o xbox with a X3 bios. Would that in fact cause this problem?

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

BUMP!

NEED HELP!

PLEASE!

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

it was a 256k x2 bios right?

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

never mind.

Edit: would it hurt to connect the sharp point anyway?

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

would it hurt to connect the sharp point anyway?

Couldn't hurt at this point. I soldered the two points, booted the xbox, twisted the two wires together, and flashed the Tsop again.

Still no Audio or Video.

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

okayama

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »

Just so every one knows, I flashed my Tsop on another Xbox. I needed to know if I was flashing my Tsop correctly, and the only way to know for sure is to flash a working Xbox. Since I have three xboxs, I said what the heck. This time for safty sake, I installed a SPDT switch and flashed only 2 banks with a 512k EvoxM7 bios.
Well the flash went smooth and my xbox is still working  with two different bios to boot from.

I did this, to ease my mind about the Tsop flash to my nonworking xbox. I'm for sure now, the Tsop is not the problem.

I'm looking into eeprom solutions and also looking back into the possibility of the Ntsc/Pal issue.

Also wanted to thank everyone for helping me rule out other possibilities.
Pages: [1] 2