xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: V1.4 Winbond Xbox  (Read 247 times)

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
V1.4 Winbond Xbox
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

if ya h/d dies and you lose ya softy lock code you are fucked

also you are stuck at the standard 137gb limit so don't "think" you can put in a 160/200/250/300gb h/d in there and get full quota

on a mod/tsop a standard unlocked h/d can plug straight in and off ya go with slayer - max 5 mins install and everything is on ther with no pc needed

hey it works - your'e happy and that is what counts

you learnt a hell of a lot and ya xbox still works - that is the main thing - many peeps learn very little and have a dead xbox

just keep ya original drive still locked - make a note of ya 120gb lock code - just in case

one day you may wanna have a another go on the tsop but for now you got an enhanced xbox with a decent size h/d

well done

britishseapower

• Archived User
V1.4 Winbond Xbox
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »

FROM TRIUMPH TO DISASTER! (the saga continues)
------------------------------------------------------------

Gutted. Was thoroughly enjoying the soft-mod with the new widescreen tv (xbmc looking great)...then got some crashes and some boot problems. Opened the xbox up to check the connections, gawd only knows what I've done, bu the thing is now dead. No signs of life. No power to it. No LEDs nothing. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I suspect the PSU, but it could be anything. Maybe I damaged the mobo with my duff soldering, The psu crackles a little when the power goes in to it (when the fig of eight cable is inserted)...thats all I get.

I am going straight out to buy another. Any tips on currently available models in the UK shops, I would prefer one with a flashable TSOP (do the chrystal ones have this, they look good). At least if its got a TSOP I can flash it one day if I decide to (this is the way I see it). I will buy again, cant be without XBMC! At least I have all the softmod kit now.

bsp.

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
V1.4 Winbond Xbox
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »

oh crap.........

hope you got the lock code for the 120gb h/d

sounds like the psu has gone - just cox the fuse is ok there are a lot more components that can die on the poxy xbox psu.....

if you had a good dvd like a possible samsung or a reasonable good philips then keep hold of that and perhaps either:

get/borrow a new 1.2 to 1.5 psu - not a 1.6 psu btw
or
lemme have a look at mobo for ya - if works might get it flashed/modded
or
sell us the xbox or part it out on here / ebay
Pages: 1 [2]