xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: V1.1 - Flash The Whole 1mb Before Switch Install ?  (Read 261 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
V1.1 - Flash The Whole 1mb Before Switch Install ?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

yeha, thats a typical frag, usually a bad bios or bad switch

triple check the soldering onm your switch, maybe even replace the switches themselves (you can take them out and just twist the wires togther)

if you have amodchip laying around install that and see if it boots

Xandros

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 04:49:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply Lord Vader,

Just to make sure I understand correctly... what you're saying it to disconnect the wires from the switch and twist them together so an electrical connection is made amongst the three wires ?  I'm positive the switch is working fine, but I'll double check the solder points on the mobo...  It's just weird that it was working fine in the morning and not that night... so I guess that could rule out a bad BIOS too would it not ?  Or is it likely for a good BIOS to get corrupted ?

Xandros

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

tongue.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xandros @ Feb 16 2005, 08:48 PM)
Well, I got  a little impatient and twisted those wires together after disconnecting the swich... not so sure that was such a great idea !  Smoke started billowing out from under the DVD-Rom.  After I removed the DVD the first thing I noticed was that all of the plastic had melted right off of the wired attached to the 3.3V solder point.  Other than that, no visible damage.  I'm assuming that I've toasted the thing.  Any suggestions as to how to proceed now ?  Think it's still worthwhile mod chipping it ?  Or is it time to buy a new system board ?  tongue.gif

Xandros

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Pages: 1 [2]