xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.0 Tsop Flash Success, But...  (Read 110 times)

bikehorn

• Archived User
1.0 Tsop Flash Success, But...
« on: January 23, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

I have just completed a TSOP flash on a 1.0 Xbox with an ST TSOP. It boots X2 4981.06 just fine, except the funny thing is i installed a switch to do a 2-way split. i flashed with the switch on, and it booted properly. i then booted with the switch off and it still booted X2! i used a 512K BIOS because of the 2-way split. so it seems the TSOP is properly divided, but i cannot access M$ BIOS for some reason. any input? thanks in advance.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

your switch is probably not installed right, check the groun dor 3.3v points and make sur they are soldered correctly

what happened is you flashed the x2 bios, but since the TSOP isnt properly split it flash the entire chip instead of just half (evox and raincaot .7 will fill the chip with a smaller bios)

if you flash with evox the progress bar should go from 0-50% normally, then from 51-100% VERY fast, this is how you know your TSOP is properly split

Modding a 1.6? Don't use an Aladdin!

just noticed that in your sig, you have a bad experience? funny, out of all the 1.6s ive done ive used aladdins on all but one of them, the one i didnt was a xenium ice and it was the only one that game me problems, lol

This post has been edited by lordvader129: Jan 24 2005, 12:52 AM

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 24 2005, 01:14 AM)
just noticed that in your sig, you have a bad experience? funny, out of all the 1.6s ive done ive used aladdins on all but one of them, the one i didnt was a xenium ice and it was the only one that game me problems, lol

thanks man...anyway, about this Aladdin...i had an XT installed when i first picked up my  machine, before i started modding. it would boot reliably but freeze randomly, far too often for it to be playable. i also had no IGR, and rebooting through dash meant booting M$ kernel, not Evox M8+16. i tried a bunch of different BIOSes and it didn't pan out too well - Yoshihiro for example just gave me a black screen. i got fed up and replaced it with a Xenium - success on first boot.

basically, i used the tutorial by Slushie, as well as yours.  Slushie's tutorial, which i read before going out to buy parts said to use an SPST lighted rocker switch. i bought a non-lighted SPST toggle switch instead - but SPST is SPST. my logic was that if the switch was not going to be lighted, i could the 3.3V point...i figured this was only to light up the switch. so the center leg goes to the switch goes to the A19 point, while the other leg(the only other one) is grounded to the chassis.

is the 3.3V point crucial to this working?

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

my other theory is that the A19 point didn't solder properly...but i think that's less likely since my research as of the past few minutes indicates that an SPDT is needed... :angry:

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

thanks man...anyway, about this Aladdin...i had an XT installed when i first picked up my machine, before i started modding. it would boot reliably but freeze randomly, far too often for it to be playable. i also had no IGR, and rebooting through dash meant booting M$ kernel, not Evox M8+16. i tried a bunch of different BIOSes and it didn't pan out too well - Yoshihiro for example just gave me a black screen. i got fed up and replaced it with a Xenium - success on first boot.

probably got a 1.6b, the early XTs had issues with eh cheap RAM, since been fixed, but unfixed clones still abound, i think the biggest trick with aladdins to know where to buy them, lol not sure about the IGR, i never fully trusted an evox bios with IGR, lol

and yeah, you need a SPDT switch, you can make do with a SPST, but its damned inconvenient IMO, youll only be able to use a very old hacked bios (x2 7972) and be careful not to flash in the "off" position or youll flash the entire TSOP

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

hmm, well i guess i'll have to get an SPDT...damn that Slushie clown...lol

thanks