xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Av Or Audio!  (Read 116 times)

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

I was flashing new bios to my xbox (tsop) and now i dont get sound or video. I can FTP and change stuff, but if I try (blindly) to flash from the evox cd it never works... from slayers 2.6 it should be down, down, down, down, a, down, a, a, down, a, left, a... right...? So from what I hear a 29 wire mod is my only option. How do I go about doing that...?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

Your BIOS is working - your screen isn't.

You don't need the 29-wire mod for this.

What BIOS did you flash? Did you make any other changes ie video settings? Can you hear it booting?

Martin

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

It was a modifies ind-bios 5003 06...  I changed the no sound and dont check for av, i think i tried to chage the flubber so it didnt show it...

jameswalter

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

Its advised to not use the IND bioses to your TSOP because of this problem.  Any wrong change in the config files and your screwed.  Try to ftp a new bios and blindly try to flash it.

Are you sure the AV cable is plugged in?

This post has been edited by jameswalter: Jan 17 2005, 07:06 AM

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

This really had nothing to do with IND-bios itself, it was more operator error. Im an idiot and shouldnt have messed with options. Ive been trying to blindly do it, but to no avial... theres gotta be a way to fix it. Oh well, i got my mod chip reinstalled so ima go play kotor 2...

jameswalter

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deg @ Jan 16 2005, 10:58 PM)
This really had nothing to do with IND-bios itself, it was more operator error. Im an idiot and shouldnt have messed with options. Ive been trying to blindly do it, but to no avial... theres gotta be a way to fix it. Oh well, i got my mod chip reinstalled so ima go play kotor 2...

I thought the Y button had to be pressed in order to flash in evox.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »

If you can FTP to your Xbox then get the raincoat .7 files and copy to your C drive. Rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.

Reboot the Xbox and the raincoat utility will auto-run. Telnet into your Xbox and reflash from there.

Once done, reboot from a Boot CD to remove the raincoat files.

Martin

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

i dont know how to use raincoat. I can get it, but it looks to my like a bunch of curupted files... any tuts on the use of it...?

btw, thanks for your help...

Martinchris23

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 03:53:00 AM »

Download any gamesave exploit with raincoat .7 and extract from there. Make sure you copy all the raincoat files over and rename the default.xbe.

There should be instructions in the exploit documentation on how to use raincoat.

Martin

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

So if I downloaded 007_raincoat_0.7_2.20.04_andy_and_eXOBeX.rar, extracted it to my C, changed the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe I should be able to flash thru Telnet...?
I just like double checking, id hate to have a chance to fix this and screw it all up...

BTW, thankz for all your help guys!

Martinchris23

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Yes - you copy the

\BOOT
\raincoat
default.xbe

to your C:\ drive and rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.

Don't forget to put a good working BIOS in the \raincoat folder, so when you telnet you can flash it properly!

Martin

Deg

• Archived User
No Av Or Audio!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

OMG, thanks Martin. I loaded a 007 w/ raincoat as my dashboard and it worked. TSOP flashed back to the original iND-BiOS 5003. not gonna screw around with any of the boot settings from now on  tongue.gif

thankz agian martin, but dont expect any more sexual favors...!