xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dead Tsop Or Wrong Diagrams?  (Read 119 times)

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
Dead Tsop Or Wrong Diagrams?
« on: January 15, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

Hi,
I got an Xbox which has come to me as "TSOP flash with wrong bios" :P, so I chipped the box with an AMD - Am29F040B (flashrom). But I think that it would be a better solution to flash the TSOP in it. So I launched raincoat, cut wires number 16 and 32 of the chip... but the raincot was saying "unknown manufacterer" and blah blah blah... So I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the diagram of chip disabling (cut w. 16 and 32), or if the TSOP is simply fucked up.
I will be grateful for any help.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

is the TSOP write enabled?

is it an atmel TSOP?

this may be a desparetae measure, but try cutting all the wires of the AMD

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

Winbond TSOP, deffinately enabled writing- all 3 points are soldered (2 up, 1 down).

I was affraid of this answer... Are you sure it won't kill this box? I don't want to risk killing the console if the chip can easily stay there, although I preffer a little bit more aesthetic solutions ;). And it's owner doesn't want to play on XBL...

So anyway; you're saying that cutting wire 16 and 32 is enogh to disable a homebrew, right?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(A.Z.BEST® @ Jan 15 2005, 08:38 PM)
Winbond TSOP, deffinately enabled writing- all 3 points are soldered (2 up, 1 down).

I was affraid of this answer... Are you sure it won't kill this box? I don't want to risk killing the console if the chip can easily stay there, although I preffer a little bit more aesthetic solutions ;). And it's owner doesn't want to play on XBL...

So anyway; you're saying that cutting wire 16 and 32 is enogh to disable a homebrew, right?

should be, however i think it depends on the homebrew, some may require 2 4 or even 8 wires to be cut

cwindsor2003

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Cut one at a time...

They way you don't make a connection...

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

Use raincoat .7 and not .5 for Winbond.

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 16 2005, 08:07 AM)
should be, however i think it depends on the homebrew, some may require 2 4 or even 8 wires to be cut

I had this with a friends xbox, that had been modded with a epprom homebrew.  I had to pull the homebrew out, to allow me to flash the tsop.  So it might be worth cutting them all individually, once you have booted your xbox.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Jan 17 2005, 06:09 AM)
Use raincoat .7 and not .5 for Winbond.

Oh, I'm not such an idiot.

Yeah, I'll try to cut the whole chip out. But it makes me feel sick even when I'm thinking about it. I have enough of sparking and smoking Xboxes :P (but only one of them died ;)).

Thanks anyway.