xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox V1.0 Softmod Problem  (Read 155 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox V1.0 Softmod Problem
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(WCCorleone @ Jan 4 2005, 06:05 PM)
Why is a 1.0 box a TSOp flashers dream?

they have a 1mb TSOP so you can split the bios up to 4 ways (1.1s can do this too)

QUOTE(WCCorleone @ Jan 4 2005, 06:05 PM)
And no, softmodding is not gay. It's easy and pretty much free.

so is TSOPing and its also more stable than a softmod IMO

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »

Basically, tell em lord vader.

kungpaomaster

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

All this talk about softmodding...

I decided to try the softmod for S&G the other day. I have to say that I'm now a believer. If you don't care to use xBox live, SOFTMOD is the easiest way to go. You don't even have to open the xBox. I did it in less than 5 minutes. It has come a long way. I did the nkpatcher method with the shadowc implementation. Works like a champ!

Okay, perhaps softmodding is BISEXUAL instead of GAY.   :lol:

Of course, I have yet to try to slap an upgraded HDD in there.  But that shouldn't be too tough either.

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

so is TSOPing and its also more stable than a softmod IMO

But why does that make softmods gay? Yes tsops are better (assuming you don't ever want to play on XBL though), but that doesn't mean softmods suck. You don't see anyone else saying TSOPs suck because modchips have more features. As far as stability, they're pretty much the same. The only place where tsop is more stable is direct booting unsigned code or booting with an unlocked HDD (Although this isn't a huge deal for most people, especially considering most HDD's nowadays support locking)

This post has been edited by Trevante: Jan 7 2005, 11:36 PM

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Trevante @ Jan 7 2005, 04:56 PM)
But why does that make softmods gay? Yes tsops are better (assuming you don't ever want to play on XBL though), but that doesn't mean softmods suck. You don't see anyone else saying TSOPs suck because modchips have more features. As far as stability, they're pretty much the same. The only place where tsop is more stable is direct booting unsigned code or booting with an unlocked HDD (Although this isn't a huge deal for most people, especially considering most HDD's nowadays support locking)

im not the one who said it was gay, lol, i was simply arguing that a TSOP was also easy and free but superior to a softmod
Pages: 1 [2]