xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.0 Tsop Flashed With Wrong Version  (Read 106 times)

K0rd3rbackStyl3

• Archived User
1.0 Tsop Flashed With Wrong Version
« on: August 08, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

I accidentally flashed one with a 1.1 version xecuter 2 bios

1.0/1.1 version xbox-1mb (they can be the same bios)

1.2-1.5 version xbox- 256kb (they can be the same bios)

Is this right or am I misunderstanding what your trying to say...

DeadManWalking

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

you're right it sounds feasible, it would seem to me that you would have to wire it in some way similar to a 29 wire mod...  I would assume there would be some complucations though.

I would suggest using a newer bios release from now on... if you're partial to the xecuter releases get X2 4983 it's stable and should give you trouble on any version (1.0 - 1.5).

You're only real options are to either throw a few bucks into a modchip (i'd suggest geting something cheap like the aladdin advance, or duoX2) or investing in a cheapmod. If you want to get your tsop back you bould get a 29-wire mod, or try to get flashing from a chamelon working (something i have yet been able to master). A cheapmod or cheam modchip would probably be the easiest way to go, divineo.cn is probably the least expensive place to get them from if you're willing to wait a couple of days for shipping.
GoodLuck

::EDIT:: The Aladdin XTs are looking pretty tempting too...  only $10 + SH

mephisto455

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

I may have thought of a solution.

Like I said earlier, I have access to multiple xboxes.  I do have access to a 1.1. Well since I flashed a 1.0 with a 1.1 bios, wouldn't it be possible to then flash the 1.1 that I have with a multiversion bios and then swap bios chips?  This might be easier than trying to wire one xbox to another.

mephisto455

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

dry.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

Wow all of this stuff on this thread and all you needed was a 3 wire mod to make the bios boot from the first half of the bank to get the 256kb bios to boot. If you didn't knacker the box up that much you should give it a shot.

You solder three wires, one on (a18) another on (a19) and another on (ground), this is assuming you have a version 1.0 or 1.1 motherboard with 1024kb bios chip.
(All points are red on the diagram)

Once the wires are in place you twist the wires together to make contact, boot the machine and then untwist the wires and reflash.

user posted image

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

Thanx otherguy, I think I see the problem. I would still suggest the 3 wire mod to rule out the v1.1 bios being a 256kb bios image. If that doesn't work it's time for a 29 wire mod.

mephisto455

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Well I got 2 aladdin advances and poped them in to my 2 messed up boxes and all is well for now.  I'm going to stick with the built in cromwell for a while.  Thank you very much Otherguy for the link for the mod chips.  I opted for the divineo located in Canada as opposed to the one in China.  The chips were a little more expensive but I felt more confident getting them from the same continent as where I live.  Anyhow, all is good and thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

biggrin.gif