xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox Reboots Over And Over  (Read 251 times)

1nick9

• Archived User
Xbox Reboots Over And Over
« on: July 25, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

sounds like a bad flash or u flash a xbox with an unsupported bios does it reboot 3 times then on the 3rd boot the front leds flash green and red?
the only way u  can fix this is to get a 29wire mod or just put in a lpc mod and forget about the tsop

cheers beerchug.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

Its possible you messed up your psu.  Find someone with an xbox and swap em out see if it works.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

psu = power supply unit.  My friend fuxed up his and it sounds like yours is doin what his did.  Watch your fan, does it die and start up again as the light flashes?

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

was the BIOS 1meg?

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

Is your xbox a 1.0/1.1 or a 1.2+?  If it was 1.2+ the bios should be 256k, so that may be the problem.  Its also possible you have solder on something that shouldnt have solder on it or you bridged something or even shorted something out.  If its only a bad flash, it is recoverable tho, you either need a 29 wire chip, or just buy a regular lpc chip.  x2.3s can be found for 30 bucks and are easy to install.

jd434

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

are there just the 2 ponts on top and 2 on bottom that you have to bridg are did i not get one

Thorin

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

Have you tried starting it up with a DVD in the drive or just from the hard drive? You might want to make sure all the cables are plugged in good also.

jd434

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

Have you tried starting it up with a DVD in the drive or just from the hard drive? You might want to make sure all the cables are plugged in good also.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

Wait, it will play games?  That means there is no dashboard.  Since you flashed it with an x2 bios, try this.  Burn a copy of evox to disc and run it, now ftp into it and check out your c:.  If there is no dashboard (evoxdash, xboxdash, avaluanch, nexgen, unleashx, etc) then the xbox will error.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

ok if your machine is 1.0/1.1 then you flashed the proper size BIOS, maybe it was corrupted. if that's the case the whole BIOS may not be bad. you can splt your TSOP into 4 banks and try booting from each one to see if any are good. if so, you can use it to reflash the other banks.

jd434

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

I tried to burn the evox files that i had put on the xbox hard drive onto a few cd-rw's and can't get it to boot up evox. it booted up to evox dashboard before i flashed it would flashing messed it up on the hard drive?  

i am still trying to figure out how to splt the TSOP into 4 banks and boot off 4 parts maybe that well work.

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »

Right, my two pence worth...

Bios' have a list of things to boot when it loads.  They are set to boot the DVD as default, then look in up to three other places, which you can change in XBTool.  If the dashboard file name is not the same as in the bios, nothing will boot.  But games (on disc) will.  And i think you said, games work fine.

So open the bios you modded in XBTool, and look at the boot partitions and executables section.  It may be trying to load the dash from E or F, or there may just be an error in the name.  

To make a boot disc I would use a CDRW as they work in all dvd drives.  Follow this guide.  http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=16&t=89545

Its an error in your bios file, not a bad flash or anything else.

JudoChinX

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

Do you smell that? I think it is a burning mobo. If your HD was unlocked then you can use that on another Xbox. Everything is usable but the MB. Check your soldering. You may have bridged some points around your soldering area. My friend just killed his mobo too. Sorry to hear it. Good luck.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

Don't forget the fan
Pages: [1] 2