xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Picture For Installing A Tsop Switch  (Read 236 times)

dunzz

• Archived User
Picture For Installing A Tsop Switch
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (dunzz @ Sep 1 2004, 08:50 PM)
Here is a bank selection guide that goes along with LordVaders guide!

Enjoy! biggrin.gif

nice work, thanks man

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »

sad.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (slipperysnowman @ Sep 4 2004, 03:26 AM)
Pardon me if this is a pointless question, but what's the purpose of a bank switch now that m$ scans hdd for live?  sad.gif

Umm, because Live does not currently ban based on HDD contents or parameters.

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

I could be off base here...but I heard from a reliable source from the scene, that now m$ scans your hdd for partition table information and scans your c: for unsigned .xbe's.... Also is splitting your tsop hazardous to your mcpx? read it somehwere on XBL project

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (slipperysnowman @ Sep 4 2004, 03:26 PM)
I could be off base here...but I heard from a reliable source from the scene, that now m$ scans your hdd for partition table information and scans your c: for unsigned .xbe's.... Also is splitting your tsop hazardous to your mcpx? read it somehwere on XBL project

we know they query HD make model number and serial number, nothign more has been confirmed

also, i can assure you that as of this post there have been 0 bans based on any info MS has collected (aside from the usual bios info that has always gotten folks banned)

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

sad.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (slipperysnowman @ Sep 5 2004, 03:08 PM)
So as long as I boot from a m$ bios, even using a non stock hard drive I wouldn't get banned...? Is there more to it?

The guy I talked with was working with TeamExecuter to circumvent getting banned while playing with a modded console...he told me that now, live scans partition table information and looks for none stock partitions...and also scans c: for unsigned .xbe's...apparantly the project got dropped due to expenses..(cost would be way more than anyone would probably be willing to pay)... It was going to be some type of a hard drive rack that would go on top of your xbox with X3...alongside would be a bios that automatically switched to your stock hdd / bios when entering any live content...

Don't mean to seem rude , just wanna get the facts before my eeprom goes and gets itself banned  sad.gif

well you really cant just switch off HDs on the fly liek that, not without a RAID setup

also, when booting form the MS bios F and G (non stock partitions) cant be seen since they dont get mounted, they simply dont exist under the retail bios

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Sep 6 2004, 12:01 AM)
well you really cant just switch off HDs on the fly liek that, not without a RAID setup

also, when booting form the MS bios F and G (non stock partitions) cant be seen since they dont get mounted, they simply dont exist under the retail bios

Yeah I understand a retail bios can't read or see any partitions beyond the norm...just purely basing this on what was told to me...Although he said due to this short comming of the retail bios it scanned your c: for unsigned .xbe's...

And the project wasnt an ellaborate or even simple raid setup...It was an ide switching mechanism...It was on the fly but might require an xbox reboot...

Glad to hear I might be able to play halo 2 with my buddies after all  laugh.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (slipperysnowman @ Sep 6 2004, 05:57 AM)
Yeah I understand a retail bios can't read or see any partitions beyond the norm...just purely basing this on what was told to me...Although he said due to this short comming of the retail bios it scanned your c: for unsigned .xbe's...

And the project wasnt an ellaborate or even simple raid setup...It was an ide switching mechanism...It was on the fly but might require an xbox reboot...

Glad to hear I might be able to play halo 2 with my buddies after all  laugh.gif

if MS is scanning C for unauthorized files (they cant really check signitures just like that, without running the xbe) they arent banning peopel based on what they find

also, a simple solution to that is boot from F
Pages: 1 [2]