xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange Xbox Problem  (Read 332 times)

Exobex

• Archived User
Strange Xbox Problem
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

Sorted.

For anyone else with the same problem, you could just burn Enigmah Videomode Selector to the root of a DVD-R (with a few megs of junk just to pad it out) and boot that.

verny

• Archived User
Strange Xbox Problem
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

hey exobex, yeah i tried that from you previously telling me that, had no luck, so i extracted the iso with xiso and then edited the evox.ini with the commands to show the program on the main menu then added the program into the folder of evox like for example i made a folder in the main folder of evox named apps, then put in enigma and then put in the command in evox.ini the point of where the file is. so well i created the iso again with xiso and then burned it to an cdrw, because dvd's do tend to get expensive  tongue.gif so cdrw's are my way for now even thuogh i shuold get some dvd-rw's hehe but yeah it did boot into the dash and i just launched it from the menu also did a few boots just to see, changed my videomode a few times then rebooted to my original set choice, and it worked

dfect

• Archived User
Strange Xbox Problem
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

Im glad to hear u worked it out, hehe.. maybe a little easier than my way.. desoldering and prog via computer and stuff..

btw. where did u find 1.8.3752 .., is that one on xbins?

dfect

• Archived User
Strange Xbox Problem
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

Just find out, also Config Magic got an eeprom emergency recovery mode..

burn it on disc, and hold in triggers and white button.. then it should fix it.

dfect

• Archived User
Strange Xbox Problem
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

This is my second box with this problem, (got NTSC signal from this one)

Instead of desoldering the eeprom and reprog it in programmer i decided to try change it only with software, this is my experiences:

Try one:

- Burned Enigmah Videomode Switchdisk iso

Booted the XBox with it, Error 21 came up..

Try two:

- Burned a cd with EvoX 1.8.3752 on, added Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc to be accessable from menu.

XBox booted the CD, no problem, launched the Swichdisc from evox-menu, error 21 did came up

Try three:

- Rebuild my standard install disc iso, replaced the newer EvoX with 1.8.3752

XBox booted up from the new iso, prepared the HD + installed system, apps, installed EvoX 1.8.3752.
Rebooted from HD, evox came up fine, launched Enigmah Video Switchdish, started up fine smile.gif  (no error 21).., changed Videomode, rebooted and XBox worked fine!

This problem i guess is cos i had a empty hdd in it, enigmah switchdisc probably needs to access C, F etc.. on boot..

So if u have a empty hd in ur xbox and exp. this problem.., u gotta prepare ur HD first bfore u boot/start videomode switchdisc.

Again, a big tnx to ExoBex for the info.
Pages: 1 [2]