xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Flashing V1.4 Using 007 And Raincoat  (Read 542 times)

vicious0013

• Archived User
Flashing V1.4 Using 007 And Raincoat
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

damn, I'm on a roll,..
I found the backup info and Hdd passwords

Now whats a good program to use to lock the hdd back

Cobra98

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

HOLY CRAP, it work the first time around! Only soldered the 2 points once and the friggin thing worked.... Once I got if flashed with the bios part all I needed to do was swap out one of my drives with evox already on there and she loaded right up!

Now I have 1 question for the xbox gurus... I flashed it with raincoat 0.7 like the tut says and used this bios 4981.06_256k.bin, when I goto evox settings it shows the bios as unknown? Is this common or should I flash it in evox with something else?

Thanks again for the help!

Oh yea lordvader129, you dont know how dumb I felt after reading your tip haha, never used a mem card in the xbox ever....

d7onr8

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

Vicious, man I shoulda seen this thread earlier cuz I woulda helped you through it without all the headaches.  At least I see that you're learning.  Neways, one of the questions you asked that never got answered was that NO, you cannot use the same 1mb bios on your 1.4 that your modding.  You need it to be a 256k for 1.2 boxes and up.  Since you got a modded box already, put the save hack to your hd using the regular msdash.  Then ftp in and go to the directory and delete the bios.bin which should still be 1mb from your last mod and replace it with the 256kb one and name it bios.bin.  Then put it back on your memory card and use it on the 1.4 box.  That's where your flashing process got screwy when it said no file found or whatever.  Let me know if you need any more help either on here or PM me.

Cobra, glad to hear you got your tsop flashed successfully.  For bios unknown, that is normal if you didn't add the hash string for the bios you flashed in your evox.ini file.  An easy way to get the hash is to get the xbtool app (runs on your pc) and open the bios you used to flash your tsop.  You will see that hash string towards the upper portion of the screen.  Click copy to clipboard and when you ftp into your modded box, paste it in your ini file and it will recognize your bios.  PM if you need help.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

any prog that says it will lock the drive will work. just go to the tools section on x-s

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

smile.gif
I am looking for a good tutorial on locking the drive.
I know there is a program that does it that wants your .bin for it to work.. lemme see here
be right back.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »

http://www.xbox-scen...es/lock-hdd.php

that is the old-fashioned way of locking the drive and should do you just fine
don't try to lock the drive from another xbox because it will lock with the wrong key.

vicious0013

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

messed up again

I ran the hdlock and entered the password in with the spaces and got device not ready so I tryed it again and added the zeros and got the same thing.

at this point I hadn't seen the tut yet and its says not to run hdlock again untill you rename some file.

also when I run atapwd.exe I get + sign under the S and under the F

looks like I need more help,..sorry guys

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

hmm.. you will have to look for another tutorial and use another program, I would love to help further, but I have a mac and the tools I  use will not work for you.

About your chip question, what did you solder to D0 for if you where only trying to flash the TSOP?!? Or where you trying to flash with a chip?

I'd say the best thing to do would be to put a chip in it temporarily, use config-magic or evox to re-lock the HD and then finish the TSOP. Or just plain get a chip and then it won't matter if the drive is locked or not.

vicious0013

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

ok,..I have another hdd that I formatted and put in my pc.  If I reformat it with slayers and then try to lock that one the correct way with hdd lock, would that work??

also I have looked and I still haven't found any other hdd locking programs.

vicious0013

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

well,.. I tried to use the other hard drive
with atapwd I still get a + sign under the S and The F

then I load up hdlock anyways, put the password in and it still tells me device not ready

vicious0013

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

I also tried to use unlockx and it told me that the drive was not lockable

anymore sugestions

vicious0013

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

since it seems everone has run out of sugestions...

If I try to use a mod chip to fix my problem, will that work and do you think the X-B.I.T is a good choose since I can use my comp to flash it and if so where is the cheepest place to purchase chips

d7onr8

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

Wait, did you ever get to flash the tsop, it still may be good.  Sounds like you tried to mod with a bigger harddrive off the bat.  Is the original one still good?  I know you mentioned it before but it wasn't too clear.

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »

unlockx should do your retail hard drive
you can use an unlocked hard drive with a modified bios.
aladdin advance is a good cheap chip.
they go for about 15$US and cheaper in some places.
That would do exactly what you need and can be reflashed from the XboX

d7onr8

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

I've got an extra alladin advance still in package if you need it.  $15 shipped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3