xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Raincoat Probs  (Read 96 times)

xaser

• Archived User
Raincoat Probs
« on: March 11, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

Hey,
Ok, so i soldered the 3 points, ran the exploit, telneted the xbox, everything was good... it erased the bios, and when it started to reprogram it, raincoat gave an error. The error code was: 0x484B5. It also said "wrote: a number read:a diff number" it got stuck about half way through, so my TSOP is gone... gotta get a modchip.. thats np.. but I wanna know why so I can correct my mistakes in the future.

THx  

lordvader129

• Archived User
Raincoat Probs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

its possible your points came unbridged midway through the flash, make sure you soldering is nice and tight, lol

Exobex

• Archived User
Raincoat Probs
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (xaser @ Mar 12 2004, 02:50 AM)
Hey,
Ok, so i soldered the 3 points, ran the exploit, telneted the xbox, everything was good... it erased the bios, and when it started to reprogram it, raincoat gave an error. The error code was: 0x484B5. It also said "wrote: a number read:a diff number" it got stuck about half way through, so my TSOP is gone... gotta get a modchip.. thats np.. but I wanna know why so I can correct my mistakes in the future.

THx

Alternatively your flash chip threw a wobbly.  Could even be duff.

You should retry until you succeed.  Switching your Xbox off, KNOWING FULL WELL that the BIOS programming cycle has not completed, is madness.

If the repeat results in an "Invalid Manufacturer ID" error, DISCONNECT YOUR IRON FROM THE MAINS and resolder the joints with the power on (whilst the iron is still hot), STAYING WELL CLEAR OF THE POWER SUPPLY!!!  Disconnecting the iron from the mains eliminates any problems caused by making contact with an operational motherboard using an earthed soldering iron tip (especially as the TV, VCR, etc. that the Xbox is connected to can in some cases raise the Xbox "ground" voltage to 30 volts AC or more).

SOLDERING A POWERED-UP XBOX SHOULD BE ONLY PERFORMED AS A LAST RESORT!
If you slip with the iron, a shut-down Xbox will still run as long as you clean up the mess.  A live one won't be so forgiving.

This post has been edited by Exobex: Mar 12 2004, 07:42 PM