xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Same Old Problem, Diff Cause?  (Read 62 times)

dallas

• Archived User
Same Old Problem, Diff Cause?
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:27:00 AM »

Judging from the type of power connector I have, the focus chip, and the fact that pin 2 on my LPC is connected to ground (all steps in the tut to tell what version box I have), I have a v1.4 box. (right?) My TSOP is a winbond also.

So I replaced bios.bin in the 007 auf game save with a 256k x2 4977 multi.
Anyhow, everything went fine, loaded the mission save, connected to the box thru telnet, erased/flashed the tsop with bios.bin.

But when I turned the xbox off and then on again it started fragging. I'm positive its a 1.4 so it cant be an improper bios size, can it? Is there any way that I would have had a 1mb chip on this one? At this point I'm thinking the bios file I used was bad to begin with and that's where I went wrong, but if anyone can give me some ideas or suggestions so this wont happen next time i would appreciate it.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

You used a 4977 BIOS (a non-Focus compatible BIOS) on a 1.4 (Focus-equipped) Xbox?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

how does someone go through all the trouble to make sure they know thier version then flash with the WRONG BIOS!!!!

seriously dude, not to sound mean or anything, but you deserve a dead xbox

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

Ouch... That was a bit harsh but yes, I would have to agree that using older BIOS/software/methods is not the best way to approach TSOP flashing unless you are completely 100% sure that they are compatible with the xbox you are working on.

dallas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

K, well that answers that question. Hadn't modded a box since v1.2's were the latest, and a buddy came to me with his. I had read up quite a bit on TSOP flashing recently and just didn't see anything on the focus chip and older bioses. Thanks for the help. Where did x2 fix focus compatability? which bios i mean.

So then the 007 auf method work on the 1.5 with a newer bios?

No worries about frying it. I work at best buy, already exchanged for a new one. Their product replacemnt plans are great since they cant keep tabs on the serial numbers.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

the 007 trick works fine on all versions, but make sure you flash with x2 4979 or later, preferably 4981, or evox M7, its best just to use those on all xboxs, since they work on all versions

d-2-d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

Ok i go to linux, do the xbox harddrive method, finish loading linux....Finish loading it, i have the gamesaves.img.bz2 in a folder....i do the command "bzip2 -cdk gamesaves.img.bz2 | dd of=/dev/hdc seek=5501 bs=512k" and guess what i get this " dd: opening '/dev/hdc/' Permission Denied " ..... now i tried to uncompreess the 140mb bz2 file in windows but it was unsuccessful..... Anyone know where i can find another gamesaves.img.bz2 that is working and also why do i get the Permission Denied?  

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

your not gonna getmuch help by spamming old threads with your unrelated problem

d-2-d

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

true thought i would give it a try....