xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1 Meg Flash Attempt On 256k Tsop  (Read 77 times)

Jager1

• Archived User
1 Meg Flash Attempt On 256k Tsop
« on: February 29, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

i bought a replacement motherboard, a 1.0 or 1.1, but the tsop on it (come to find out ) is a SST49LF020 , a 256k tsop, the tsop had a sticker on the top of it and i couldnt tell what it was, till the i tried to flash it with a 1 meg flash, ( i had thought all pre 1.2's were 1 meg) so any way it messed up the tsop, i tried to flash a 256 bios to it after booting from a matrix, and am getting error erasing, anyone aware of any way to save this tsop? or im I stuck on running a matrix for the rest of this xbox's life?

Thanks
Jager

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

well you can try one of the matrix TSOP tricks, but i think those only work on 1.0s (does it have a fan on the GPU? 1.0s do, 1.1s dont)

other than that your only hope is a 29-wire mod (or the matrix forever)

BTW, the reason it has a 256k TSOP is because its a refurb and they had to replace the TSOP chip

jesistehsux

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jager1 @ Feb 29 2004, 02:41 PM)
i bought a replacement motherboard, a 1.0 or 1.1, but the tsop on it (come to find out ) is a SST49LF020 , a 256k tsop, the tsop had a sticker on the top of it and i couldnt tell what it was, till the i tried to flash it with a 1 meg flash, ( i had thought all pre 1.2's were 1 meg) so any way it messed up the tsop, i tried to flash a 256 bios to it after booting from a matrix, and am getting error erasing, anyone aware of any way to save this tsop? or im I stuck on running a matrix for the rest of this xbox's life?

Thanks
Jager

Well you can possibly place the matrix on long enough to remove it and with the bridges connected properly flash the TSOP. I recovered a 1.2 w/ Sharp Tsop that way. It works fine now, also a Winbond misflashed box.