xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mechassault Version / Raincoat ?  (Read 162 times)

gunboat

• Archived User
Mechassault Version / Raincoat ?
« on: February 25, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

Anyone know how to ftp mechassault w\ raincoat to a xbox that's already  been flashed??? I wanna use raincoat to reflash my bios. Also  the mech assault i picked up today, i think it's one of the ones that came with a bundle (part No. - X08-82264 ) Does that matter?  

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

get teh 007savewithraincoat, then launch teh default.xbe out of there with evox or boxplorer, no MA needed since your already flashed

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

cool, thanx. I wanna get used to raincoat on my xbox b4 i use it anyone else's. For future reference (with a virgin xbox) do u know if that version of mech assault will work with mechassault raincoat?

edit: I've been trying to load the Mechinstaller_raincoat_edition onto my xbox with the xbox save manager, i can't get the save manager to recognize the Mechinstaller_raincoat_edition.rar as a xbox save??? I also tried unraring Mechinstaller_raincoat_edition into a folder and ftping it into E:\UDATA...Mech assualt wouldn't load them?:grr:  I want to load it onto my xbox as a gamesave so i can test my copy of mech assault and copy the save onto a memory card also. Is there something specific i have to name the save or exact only certain parts?

Another thing i was wondering is if  the commands you  have to type in telnet r the same as if u were using 007???   Anyone know of a tutorial for it?  

This post has been edited by gunboat: Feb 26 2004, 04:24 AM

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

get teh 007savewithraincoat, then launch teh default.xbe out of there with evox or boxplorer, no MA needed since your already flashed

I put it on E:\raincoat...but no go , telnet won't connect.Do i have to name it something certain, am i puttuing it in the wrong place  :unsure:

another thing:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=61901
by dumpav - Jun 4 2003, 07:06 PM

transfer the save file to a virgin hd this way, (assume, u got a modded xbox around)

dl that 007 save game in your hd, i also dl a software call xbox save manager, what it do it let u transfer a save file back and fore between xbox and pc.[/COLOR=red]

i un-plug the modded xbox hd, and plug in a virgin hd to a modded xbox, and i put in a evox boot up cd. So i can boot up to evox using the evo boot cd, and then i use xbox game manager to transfer the save file to my virgin xbox.

(you need to put the 007 save game inside the xbox save manager save file folder; in fact no need to unzip, the save manager with unzip to xbox for u)

I've been trying to do this with no luck, the xbox save manager doesn't see the gamesave on my computer?.It's in the xbox game save manager's save folder, i tried putting in as a zip, as folder? :blink:  Is this  not possible? Or am I just doing it wrong ???  

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

If your MechAssault came with a bundle, then it's probably the wrong version.

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

ok thanx for making that clear. I read some posts about it but wasn't sure. I'll have to get  007 or an older MA.

But do u know if it's possible to get the Ma w/raincoat or  007  w/raincaot on my  modded box with xbox save manager? Or is action replay the only option? If it is possible does anyone know if there's a tut, cause i can't figure it out, the save manager just won't see ma_raincaot as a xbox save!!. I want to try using rain coat on my xbox a few times to get used to it b4 i use it on  a virgin box & i want to transfer the save to a memory card. Any idea?

This post has been edited by gunboat: Feb 26 2004, 04:59 PM

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

I don't know how to use those tools.  However, you should be able to FTP it in.

Your directory structure should look something like this:

E:\UDATA\4d530017:

TitleMeta.xbx

E:\UDATA\4d530017\62D648EBF155:

MASave.sav
SaveMeta.xbx
(raincoat files - linux.xbe, vmlinuz, etc.)

- As long as the files in bold are there, the gamesave should show up in MA
- The 62D648EBF155 may be a different number

This post has been edited by Grospolina: Feb 26 2004, 06:14 PM

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

powerpak

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

i wanted to know if I could get a full file list that is needed to run linux from the evox gamesave through mechassualt, If I could that would be the shiznit right there. that would be like man like whoa,... that and i would really appreciate it becuase it would help clear up my confusion on how to get linux running from the gamesave when the game save I got came with all kinds of crap but no raincoat.xbe to run linux from evox.
thanks  

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

tried like u said, even with 007 and MA. I can launch the .xbe out of them and get the black screen and orange lite but when i try to telnet i get this:

Connecting to 192.168.0.64... Could not open connection to the host, on port 23.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond
after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host
has failed to respond. :(

This post has been edited by gunboat: Feb 26 2004, 08:50 PM

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 02:46:00 AM »

Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected before you load the game save.

Also make sure your PC has an IP address of 192.168.0.x, where x is between 1 and 63 or between 65 and 254.

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

tried like u said but still same message. My computer is 192.168.0.3 my xbox is 192.168.0.2 but i can't seem to connect? I'm using two nic cards, i can't see that mattering tho. I dunno what the problem is?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

the xbox IP should be 192.168.0.64 if your using the linux shell, try telnetting to that

gunboat

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif
Had to unplug my internet from my other nic card too. Again, thanx for all the help guys.  beerchug.gif