xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sharp Tsop Tutorial  (Read 153 times)

A@ron

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« on: February 25, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

Prelude: If you tried other tutorials and have found that when you boot up your xbox you get no sound or video, then you look at the TSOP and it says SHARP this is what process you need to follow.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your lack of soldering skills, powers of comprehension, or if you screw up your xbox. If you are worried about screwing up your xbox send it to a professional. I also use raincoat .7 which I find more involved then evolutionx but I've never had problems with it. I also assume you have a memory card with raincoat and your bios on it and loaded onto the hdd of the xbox, if you don't know how to do this please visit another tutorial first.

Now onto the tutorial:
Step 1: Open your xbox (there are other tutorials for this if you do not know how)
Step 2: Remove the motherboard from the case.
Step 3: Join the bottom two write enable points as shown here (in blue) and check connection with a multimeter on the red points. If the points are properly bridged the resistance between the two red points should be 0 ohms.
user posted image
Step 4: Run a length of wire to Vcc (3.3 v) and this other point (solder pad) near D4 on the motherboard as shown.
user posted image
Step 5: Strip the ends of two pieces (6 in. in length or longer) of 30 gauge wire (available at radioshack prt #278-501) One sice you want at least an inch of exposed wire and the other side you want just enough to solder to.
Step 6: Solder the ends with just enough wire exposed to solder to into the red vias (vias are holes that go through the motherboard incase you are wondering), one wire each via.
user posted image
Step 7: Reassemble xbox leaving the two wires free so you can access them while the machine is running, load gamesave hack to HDD, load gamesave hack.
Step 8: Twist the two wires together.
Step 9: Telnet into the xbox: 196.168.0.64 login: root password: xbox
Step 10: cd into the proper directory, cd ../../media/E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat
Step 11: back up your origional bios using ./raincoat -r orig_bios.bin
Step 12: flash new bios using ./raincoat -p <<whatever bios you want>>
Step 13: once flashing is complete untwist the wires and reboot the machine.
Step 14: unsolder the two wires on the top from the red vias.
DONE
Optional Step 15: If you are going to reflash your tsop often you can put a spst switch on the wires on the top and mount it somewhere, that way the connection can be open (not connected electrically) and the box will boot and then you just throw a switch when you want to reflash it.

A@ron

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

Very Nice and Very Simple Tut....

One thing I did notice that I did not know....For the top points...I didnt even think to use the vias....

Step 5: Strip the ends of two pieces (6 in. in length or longer) of 30 gauge wire (available at radioshack prt #278-501) One sice you want at least an inch of exposed wire and the other side you want just enough to solder to.

Step 6: Solder the ends with just enough wire exposed to solder to into the red vias (vias are holes that go through the motherboard incase you are wondering), one wire each via.

I wasted so much time with tring to put wires right on the jumper pads..LOL...It did work of coarse...but dam thats a feet to do without letting them touch......

But once again very nice A@ron

This post has been edited by BaDvs3viL: Feb 25 2004, 01:59 PM

Yuyu

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

Added to pinned tutorials...

-YuYu

Odb718

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »

Prelude: If you tried other tutorials and have found that when you boot up your xbox you get no sound or video, then you look at the TSOP and it says SHARP this is what process you need to follow.

Ok, I got an xbox over here with the sharp tsop, and the no video/sound problem from someone not doing the TSOP flash right. Obviously they didnt even get to the flashing step so the TSOP is good... I think...

I followed the tutorial, and put the xbox back together except the top so I can get to the wires.
When I hit power it does the three reboot FRAG. So I turned it off and tried booting with the wires twisted. With the wires twisted it will boot with no video/sound. If I try ejecting the dvd tray it locks up just flashing green and the dvd tray doesn't open.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Oh and another thing, I think I've seen another tutorial where instead of the top jumpers being used for the wires the bottom wire that you run from the vcc to the point near D4 was split into two and twisted at the right time. Does this way work too?

mystikz2002

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

fack man, following the directions carefully and still no go! When I connect the two wires, it says "Error, Unknown Flash Type". When I don't connect them, I get Winbond, File Error Size. I know that the points are connected right b/c when I connect the two wires before starting it up, i get no video. When I let them go and start it up, I get video. OMG what's wrong?  

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 04:05:00 AM »

At what point do the wires need to be twisted together? While the box is on? before the box has loaded the exploit? In the dash? I got lost at this part hopefully I won't nuke this box...replies appreciated!

lordvader129

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(slipperysnowman @ Dec 24 2004, 05:36 AM)
At what point do the wires need to be twisted together? While the box is on? before the box has loaded the exploit? In the dash? I got lost at this part hopefully I won't nuke this box...replies appreciated!

while the xbox is one, right beofre you hit your flash command

slipperysnowman

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

Thanks for the clarification! Still getting 0x09 oddly enough.

I've come to realize though I guess I have an ST microelectronics like the one pictured
user posted image
This tsop in the picture is not a sharp correct?

lordvader129

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

correct, the Sharps actually say "Sharp" on them

Odb718

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

Both Step 3 and Step 6's pictures are missing.
If someone knows what images are needed please host and link them.

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

Picture 3 is this picture.   POINT YOU ARE LOOKING AT IN BOTH PICS IS THE MCPX POINT WITH THE ARROW POINTING TO IT.

1st point
(IMG:http://www.xbox-scene.com/imageserver2/tsop/image001.jpg)

2nd point
(IMG:http://www.xbox-scene.com/imageserver2/tsop/image002.jpg)

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »

Picture 6 would be this pic only with the yellow wire split in 1/2 so you can twist those 2 points together.  

user posted image

Just instead of running that yellow wire you'd want to run one wire off one point and another wire off another point.  The twisting you'd be doing latter on would be twisting the 2 wires to complete the yellow wire circit.  If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

pickel182

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »

wow thanks for clearing that up you just saved me a hugeee headache

pickel182

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

wait a minute ...if that is picture 6 than what the heck is picture 4 saying???

iduwnknow?

• Archived User
Sharp Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

so i have a problem blink.gif , someone brought me his xbox with A scharp tsop and code 16. now i solderd the bottem two piont the extra wire and the two aditinal wires for write enable on top(the twist method) now I tried flashing the thing but nothing happend.. only whem i undo the soldering there appeers code 16.

so my question what am I doing wrong.??

sorry for the poor englisch I'am dutch
Pages: [1] 2