xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix & Tsop Flash  (Read 113 times)

Wulfbane

• Archived User
Matrix & Tsop Flash
« on: February 01, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

blink.gif

I'm trying to repair a bad TSOP using a Matrix chip that has been flashed with the EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash BIOS.  The Xbox's TSOP got fubar'd somehow (not from flashing).  This Xbox was Matrix chipped, but the chip kept shifting. During one of the MANY re-seating operations, I noticed the Xbox would not boot normally.

At this point, I would like to repair the on-board TSOP.  The Matrix chip wont stay seated anymore as I've messed up and D0 point (trying to expose it to make a better contact with Matrix's top pogo pin). unsure.gif

I can get the Xbox to boot while holding the modchip to the board (I have exposed some of the copper trace line that leads to D0).  Xbox will boot into EvoX when I use another Matrix chip that has X2.4977 BIOS.

When the chip (with EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash BIOS) is seated and the Xbox is first powered on (chip in Mode 2 or 3), the Xbox goes into what sounds like a loop of rebooting itself.  I can hear the DVD "ticking" over and over.  No display and christmas lights.

I've done the write-enable sodder points on the front and back of mobo. I have a wire going from A15 to a grounded surface, but still the same behavior.  Is this "reset-loop" supposed to happen?  Does this mean my A15 connection is no good?

The homebrew cut the wires trick is another alternative, but I really want to avoid sodering 29-wires rolleyes.gif

Slackin

• Archived User
Matrix & Tsop Flash
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

some people in some threads have talked about alternative grounding  of d0 or something

see this post, hope it helps

http://evox.xboxhack...topic.php?t=812