xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok What Is Other Point On 1.2 With St  (Read 88 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Ok What Is Other Point On 1.2 With St
« on: January 08, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

I know how the 2 points are bridged at the bottom of this pic, those are easy.
(IMG:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/abdul.kabir/images/xbox1_2.jpg)
Its the solder points at the top left I cannot fidure out for the life of me, a Mobo with an ST TSOP does not look the same as that Pic. Can someone post a pic of an ST Mobo, or explain what those other two points are on a 1.2 I looked at every page of the pinned topic at top of this forum, there simply is no explanation of what those other 2 points are, on an ST 1.2.
Thanks in Advance....

EDIT: There is a marking of C7C4 above two solder pad looking bumps, much like the 2 for the bottom of the pic, are these the points ? Or is one a hole and one a solder pad looking point?

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Jan 8 2004, 08:12 AM

jip1960

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 02:50:00 AM »

TRY LOOKING ABOUT 15mm SOUTH   !!!!!!!!!!!

FOSI

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

looka hera... http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...T&f=43&t=151739 had the same problem...

its just about soldering...

i posted links to 2 pictures in that thread, i just soldered these 2.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

Let me guess, the TSOP chip hasn't got that big white line around it either?

Try the V1.1 diagrams.  The point you're after is on the underside of the board.

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 8 2004, 10:02 AM)
I know how the 2 points are bridged at the bottom of this pic, those are easy.
(IMG:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/abdul.kabir/images/xbox1_2.jpg)
Its the solder points at the top left I cannot fidure out for the life of me, a Mobo with an ST TSOP does not look the same as that Pic. Can someone post a pic of an ST Mobo, or explain what those other two points are on a 1.2 I looked at every page of the pinned topic at top of this forum, there simply is no explanation of what those other 2 points are, on an ST 1.2.
Thanks in Advance....

EDIT: There is a marking of C7C4 above two solder pad looking bumps, much like the 2 for the bottom of the pic, are these the points ? Or is one a hole and one a solder pad looking point?

All you need to solder or bridge (however) is just the 2 points on top that are circled.  Regardless of what chip you have, they are the same bridge points and located at same places.  I've noticed a little difference here and there but, same places.  Also tell by the solder daps on the points.  They sorta just stick out to you like a swore thumb...  They are a little bit up and down were the bottom circle is but, point next to chip is pretty constant in exact location.  Sounds like you need a magnify glass too!  They help a ton!

Remember, it only takes a little bit.  Take er time and go slowly and if using an iron.  Don't touch the damn board or point with iron tip!

This post has been edited by wd-40: Jan 12 2004, 08:19 PM